thirteen

alright jegus ill update this bloody story

are you guys happy

-atomic
---
"ugh...where am i?"

lucien clutched his forehead. how long had he been out cold? it seemed like an eternity away since he fainted in willy's arms, and outright humiliated himself.

however, none of those things were important now. they had a war to settle.

lucien looked around and saw that he was in the medic's office, on top of a white and bland hospital bed. it was the exact spot where willy lay. lucien's heart skipped a beat and he tried to stand up, but all he did was trip over his own two feet and land back again on the bed.

he looked around the office again for the medic, but all that was left of him was a few papers stashed away in his cupboard and a note beside lucien's bed.

after you wake up, look for the team in the respawn room.

the frenchman sighed. it was late afternoon; the team should have completed the day's mission by now.

lucien tried to stand up again and successfully made his way to the door, grabbing the handle and pushing it open. he met willy at the door and fell forward in surprise, almost pushing the both of them backward.

willy picked lucien up and tried to support him by the shoulder, but all that did was make his knees go weak and let him fall to the ground. in the end, willy carried lucien bridal style and made his way to the respawn room, where everyone was resting after an arduous battle.

in response, lucien reddened, grateful for the mask hiding the colour of his cheeks. there was no doubt that such a simple action as willy carrying himself made him, a prideful frenchman, blush like a tomato.

"okay, hold on, lemme open the respawn door--" willy bent down to open the door and the door opened by itself, jane standing behind it.

"what in the name of america are you maggots doing?!" he screamed in their faces and as a natural reflex, willy panicked and immediately let go of lucien, letting him crash to the ground.

"ouch..." he whimpered softly, and willy gazed towards him apolegetically.

"instead of helping us fight this ridiculous robots, you've been having an orgy? unacceptable! do you know that we almost lost the fight to those stinking metal croutons?" jane continued, pointing towards the rest of the team.

they were covered from head to toe in dirt or blood, and a few of them had bandages wrapped around their body. upon seeing willy and lucien, they smiled nervously and tried to give a wave. other than that, they looked at the two of them sadly and guiltily.

"i-i didn't mean--"

"do you know how important this war is to us? if we allow any of those bloody robots to deposit the bomb into that hole, this building will explode within a matter of seconds! and here you are, resting around and not trying to help us in this war effort! unless you two want to leave this gravel pit, you better get your stinking asses down here!"

with that, jane marched away, the virtual steam coming out from his head.

"what's up with him?" willy tried asking, but no one would reply.

instead, all they did was stare tiredly ahead, the worry obvious in their eyes.