ten

i'm back, guys. (WOW)

what a hiatus it has been for you, and for me.

working through some ridiculous shit in my life, what with someone giving me mixed feelings and my depression acting up a lot lately.

i've settled almost everything in my suckish life and came back to write more 👍

i'm sorry if this chapter seems really melancholic.

-atomic
---
yet another day, yet another chance to die.

it was the early morning in mann co, when robots first stepped into the dusty grounds of manhattan and dropped their footsteps onto war.

the battle between humans and the robots had begun.

someone with a dull voice had lied about everything being fine.

someone with red clothes had made everything deception.

everything was a blur now. whatever that had happened, it all made lucien more confused and hurt.

the robots were merely a disguise.

frankly, they were quite easy to kill, what with them being metal and electrified. one sapper could wipe out the entire robot population.

lucien ditched his cigarette by the side of the road and tried not to think about a certain someone. he'll abandoned all hate for the red team and actually worked with them (except not the red sniper).

honestly, the pyro still made him nervous, the mumblings behind the gas mask and the way he flamed everything in sight.

other than that, everything was okay.

this was his job. he was not allowed to have intimate relationships with other people.

but lucien couldn't help but acknowledge the nagging doubt in his mind.

what happened to willy after the whole medic conundrum?

was he going to make it?

did he forgive lucien, if not at all?

he couldn't think of anything else other than the robots.

or more accurately, he willed himself to. (a/n: haha get it? will-ed? wow i suck at puns)

~~~

"will."

the stable beeping of the heart monitor reverberated throughout the small room.

"will." the medic almost shouts now, the impatience clear in his voice.

"what?" willy whispers. the tears gathering in lucien's face and his broken expression was the only thing occupying his mind.

"you need to apologize."

"i don't need a german doctor to tell me what to do."

"uh huh. like i'm actually a doctor and german."

"...scout?"

"right here, fancypants."

"what are you doing here?"

the scout crossed his shoulders and sighed.

"remember how i said it would be impossible for the war to be actually over?"

"yeah...?" his worried expression was unnerving willy to no extent. where did scout's smug and happy face go?

"well, it's over."

"w-what?"

"the war between red and blu is over. except...we're fighting robots now."

"you've gotta be kidding me. robots? those bloody pieces of scrap metal?"

"if i was kidding you, there wouldn't be noises of metallic screeching outside."

to highlight scout's claim, a robot head went flying past the window.

"i...i don't know what to say."

"don't say anything and just rest here. we're actually doing pretty good fighting against 'em."

with that, scout charged out of the room, joining in the fight with his scattergun and cap flying after him.

leaving willy all alone in the room, tears trickling down his cheeks.