epilogue

i did some changes to the previous chapter go read itttt

-atomic
---
a lone figure stood in front of two graves, two of which stood side by side and had a yellow and gray helmet placed by them.

"it's been a bumpy ride, huh?" tavish placed a hand on willy's shoulder and gazed at the two graves wistfully.

"yeah." willy slowly turned from the graves and trudged up the path to his camper van, staring at its exterior.

all of these years, he'd fought countless battles and solved difficult conflicts, but all of it ended here.

"i'll see you around, willy." tavish smiled, his smile growing wider when the australian connected fists with him.

"yeah. catch you up sometime."

willy entered his camper van and sat in the driver's seat, again admiring the interior and the person sitting next to him.

"where have you been?" lucien grinned, his mask forgotten. without all of the angst and hate, he didn't need to hide himself anymore.

"just doing some catching up." willy started up the ignition, taking one last look at his base.

he would miss this place, and its memories too.

he'd made friends and enemies, but now, everyone was his friend.

"goodbye." he murmured under his breath as he drove off into the distance, to a new life and new relationships.

he didn't know what would await him, and he didn't know if he would face challenges. but he knew that everything would be fine, and he had no mercenaries to fight with anymore.

time to say goodbye.