three

a knock sounded on the door of the red base, jolting everyone inside.

when demo answered the door, a knife came at him, almost slicing his head clean off.

"what the bloody hell was that?!" he rubbed his neck, staring at his own eyelander sword.

"beats me. but whoever or whatever that was, he probably wants us dead."
"hold on, there's a note attached." the scout ripped the note off the knife, tearing the top part. he hadn't even read it for a few seconds before he burst out into manaical laughter, tears forming in the sides of his eyes.

"what's it say?" the engineer grabbed the note from scout and he too, started guffawing loudly.

"what are you bloody pikers laughing at?" willy snatched the note from the engineer's hand and widened his eyes at the combination of words on the small slip of water.

the note was a message from the enemy team's spy, addressed to willy himself. it was code for meeting him at the cliffside, but everyone could read it like english.

"hey sniper, i didn't know you and him were a thing." the scout taunted in between laughs.

"shut up! he and i have nothing going on." willy ripped the note to shreds, throwing into the wastepaper basket nearby. he folded his arms, an unmistakable flush covering his face.

"you better don't be late!" 

---

willy sat in the back of his van, struggling with his own decisions.

it's just a trap, it's just a trap...don't fall for it! he's just trying to kill you!

pounding his head, he got up and thrust open the door of his van. stepping outside, he slammed the door shut and made his way to the cliffside.

"alright, i swear to whatever is mighty this had better not be a bloody trap." willy said, audible enough for people within a 10 m radius to hear. in his hand was a jar of his own piss, ready to throw at any intruder. looking furtively around, he flinched when he felt a knife poke his exposed back.

shit. he should have wore his razorback.

"a trap? now why would i want to trap you?" the rolling of the other's tongue made willy gulp lightly.

"...reasons."

"in all seriousness, yes. it was a trap. are you satisfied, my dear red member?" lucien taunted, his grip tightening on the knife.

"wait a minute...i feel two knives at my back..." willy cringed and felt the sharpness of the two blades.

the spy cocked his head in confusion. he was only holding one knife in his hand, so why did...

oh hell no.

jabbing lucien with all his strength, willy backed away slowly, a disgusted expression creeping onto his face.

"what the hell, mate?! can't you be more...i don't know, refined?" willy screamed into lucien's face, his cheeks turning slightly pink at the visible tent in lucien's pants.

turning around, lucien's own cheeks grew pink. his eyes widened in obvious confusion and embarrassment.

"can't you take care of 'it' somewhere else?"

"are you serious? out in the open? please, i'll rather go to a water closette..." lucien retaliated, grabbing the handle of willy's van.

"you bloody wanker! you can't do it in my van!"

"oh? says who?"

"says me!"

"since when have i taken to listening to your instructions? i am a strong, independent man and i have my own decisions."

"oh yeah? then why did you decide to lure me into a trap and kill me off without anyone knowing?"

"lure? who said anything about luring? i just deposited a note at your base."

that caught willy off guard and he remained silent, the words in his mind disappearing fast.

lucien had a point. there was no lure to attract willy to the cliffside, so why did he go anyway?

willy shook his head, setting his mind free of the unwavering question. all of this was pointless, anyway.

"what's the problem now? are you mute?" a small grin inched its way up to lucien's mouth, making the sides point up to the blue sky.

"n-no, just thinking." willy stammered, scratching the back of his head.

he definitely wasn't thinking. his mind swam with random thoughts, anything but that previous one.

"mon dieu...look willy. i didn't come here to kill you. i came here to tell you something on behalf of your team."

"and god save the queen, what makes you think i'll believe that?"

lucien dropped his knife and pistol to the ground, along with an assortment of hand-welded guns and knives, until he was fully unarmed. this made willy raise an eyebrow.

"...fine. shoot."

"have you heard of the administrator?"

"sounds mysterious. what's up?"

"the administrator is the voice we've heard screaming at us during battle."

"uh huh...so?"

"remember the 'boots and bombs' incident?"

'boots and bombs' was codename for what happened between the two teams earlier on in the year. a red demoman and a blu soldier had allegedly become friends. apparently they met at a projectile weapons expo, or so popular rumours told.

"yeah why? you got news of a new so-called friendship?" willy lowered his volume, looking around for anyone else who might be listening.

"not quite. apparently, the administrator is nowhere to be found."

"what? are you serious? no more crazy woman screaming at us while we do battle?" willy stared at lucien incredulously, his brow furrowed in confusion and trepidation.

"i'm afraid so." lucien was smoking a new cigarette, the smoke floating in wafts through the air.

willy grumbled and snatched the cigarette out of lucien's mouth.

"merde! what was that for?"

"how many times have i drummed in your bloody head? don't smoke those cigarettes! you'll kill your bloody lungs sooner or later."

"this isn't your business, willy. i can smoke as many cigarettes as i want to."

"fine. just don't come begging to me if you get cancer or something."

the spy ignored the sniper's nagging and continued smoking furiously, not noticing the hooded figure staring at the both of them behind some bushes.