Epilogue

• Dedicated to All Ashralds! Thank You!

"Baby...wake up..." Beth gently singsonged to her husband.

She and Jake were currently in Paris celebrating their first year anniversary (of their second nuptials) as husband and wife. She had ordered two café au lait, a baguette, a wedge of brie cheese, and some seasonal fruit for their simple breakfast from room service. They had just arrived the night before and though they didn't get acquainted much with the city yet, they did get very acquainted with their room and most especially their bed. Very acquainted.

Beth rolled over the cart next to the table near the double French doors to the veranda and started putting the food on the table. She opened the curtains to let the sunshine in which earned her a groan from Jake. She opened the French doors and let the light breeze in. She gazed for a minute at the incredible view of the Eiffel Tower ahead and sighed. Paris was beautiful, and she felt blessed to be in the city of love with the love of her life. She hopped back on the bed next to her sleeping husband and kissed his cheek.

"Babe, gising na. We're in Paris! Gusto ko na magsightseeing," she said as she rubbed his naked back up and down.

Jake turned his head towards her and opened one eye, clearly looking very tired. He wrapped an arm around her waist and forced her to lay down properly next to him. She planted another kiss on his cheek and then touched the spot lovingly with her hand.

"Babe, sige na, you might have been here before, but this is my first time. Gustong gusto ko ng makita ang Eiffel Tower."

Jake didn't respond, instead just buried his face in the crook of her neck and sniffed her skin.

"Babe, kung ayaw mo, I guess I'll just have to go on my own...maybe find a handsome tour guide," she made a move to stand up.

"Don't you dare!" Jake pulled her to him again, his voice groggy.

"Then get up, babe," she pouted.

"Okay, in a little while. Can I just hold you for a minute?"

He once again nuzzled into her neck and she could do nothing but acquiesce. She wrapped her arms around him and they just hugged each other, never getting tired of feeling each other so close. After a few minutes, Beth kissed his cheek again and moved out of his embrace.

"Tara na, babe, malamig na ang kape."

"Okay," he grumbled and moved the comforter back to get up.

She threw a robe at him to cover his nakedness, and he put it on. He followed Beth and quickly caught up to her to wrap his arms around her from behind. They walked to the table that way.

"What do we have here?" he asked.

"Well, just something simple. Did you want something heavier? I figured we'd be eating our way through Paris, especially with all the delicious food I'm dying to try."

"This is fine, babe."

He sat down and pulled her to sit on his lap. She cut a piece of bread and spread some cheese on it and handed it to him. He took it from her and took a bite before feeding her. They were still very sweet even though it's been a year since their beach wedding. He never failed to make her feel special, and she never failed to fall deeper in love with him with every gesture. After they finished their breakfast, they took a shower together, per Jake's request, and took longer than necessary, per Jake's request.

They took a boat tour along the Seine River first to build up their appetite before heading to the Eiffel Tower where Jake made a reservation to Le Jules Verne restaurant on the second floor of the tower. They were seated behind a family with a baby about six months old with curly blond hair and bright blue eyes, and Beth could not help but smile and coo at the baby, which the baby returned by smiling and making giggly and gurgling noises. Jake put an arm around his wife and kissed her. They have been trying for a baby ever since before they got married, but haven't had any success yet. Beth said to try the natural way for six more months, and if still nothing, then they can make an appointment to see a specialist.