Chapter 3: A Little Understanding

LEA POV

I woke up to Lore and Duke talking about me. I pretend to be asleep while Duke tells Lore what he's going to have to do when I go into heat. My emptiness that had kept me going after I'd killed Lucius seems to be gone. I can't seem to pull it forward no matter how much I want to. I know I have to get Glenna and Kee ready for what lies ahead but I need a few minutes. Sitting up I slide out of the bed ignoring Lore and Duke when they both turn to look at me. I walk over and grab Lore's i pod from the top of the dresser as I speak.

"The next time you two decide to talk about my business at least go outside the room." With that said I walk out the door heading for the training room. After getting someone to direct me to the training room I find myself alone. I stand in the middle of the room, debating. I finally decide on the punching bag. I pull off my shirt leaving me in a sports bra as I put on Lore's i pod. Immediately Halestorm's 'I miss the misery' comes on. The words thrum through me as I pound my into the bag.

I miss the bad things the way you hate me

I miss the screaming the way that you blame me

Miss the phone calls when it's your fault

I miss the late nights don't miss you at all

I pause the i pod so I can pull my hair into a high pony tail, not caring if anyone comes in that they'll see my new name. I un pause the music and let 'Halestorm' pour over me.

I like the kick in the face

And the things you do to me

I love the way that it hurts

I don't miss you I miss the misery!

I feel tears slide down my cheeks as I continue to slam into the bag. All the emotions I'd been turning off flood into me as blood smears the bag. I hadn't bothered to wrap my hands so I'm busting my knuckles open as I beat at the bag. I feel rage slam through me as I allow myself to sing 'Halestorms' song as

I've tried but I just can't take it

I'd rather fight than just fake it

(cause I like it rough)

You know that I've had enough

I dare ya to call my bluff

Can't take to much of good thing

I'm tellin you!

I like the kick in the face

As soon as I finished the last line I spun and kicked the bag. It broke from the ceiling and slams into the wall. Screaming, I rip the earphones off and tilt my head back. I scream til my voice grows horse then I fall to my knees. I slam my fists into the floor. I break a hole in the floor but I don't stop. I slam my fist down again. Wood slices into my skin, ripping the flesh on my arm. I feel someone at my back and I whirl to see Lore on his knees behind me. His eyes glow as he raises his arms, waiting, hoping. Somethings inside me longs to let him touch me, to hold me and I'm tired of fighting everyone so I give in. To him. I lean forward and he slowly pulls me into his lap. He doesn't say anything as he holds me, rocking me back and forth.

MEL POV

There are many ways for us Guardian Angels to watch our charges. Some watch them on a t.v. and some like me can see them up close from a great distance, confusing huh. Limbo looks, however, we want it to and this is how I want it too. I sat on a bridge my feet hanging off the rails and my head propped up on my arms. I'm in Limbo but I can see Lea and Lore just fine. There is something about her that makes my chest ache. She's been through a lot, much like Riki, the leopard queen and Ash, her sister(cousin, really). I felt someone walk up and sit down behind me. He scoots forward so his legs are on either side of mine. I smile when he kisses my neck.