Chapter 16: Wedding & Truths

LEA POV

I lean on the rail as the yachts glides into the dock. My mates are on either side of me as we watch the palm trees twist back and forth in the wind. The breeze blows the salty water on my face as I see two figures step onto the dock. Without looking at either of them I speak.

"Are you going to tell me what the catch is?" I feel them tense as they both turn to look at me. I feel the eyes bore into me as I continue. "I know there's a reason we're getting married on this island and I suspect it might have something to do with the dream I had last night. I wasn't destined for Alpha nor was I destined for both of you which means there's a test. I'm not mad I just want you two to know that I know and I'm not mad that you didn't say anything." They both speak at the same time.

"What dream?"

"What test?" I laugh at their obvious confusion.

"Never mind then. We'll see in a few minutes I suspect." I gesture to the small blond haired woman dressed in white and the blonde haired man beside her that are standing at the dock. As the the yacht's anchor is dropped I pull from the rail and walk across the deck. "Let's go see what all the commotion is about mates."

..........

My feet slap against the dock as I walk calmly over to the man and woman waiting for us. My mates are on either side of me as I stop in front of them. The man continues to stare out at the ocean as the woman smiles serenely at us. She doesn't offer her hand as if she knows I won't take it. I cross my arms over my chest and stare at her, waiting. She stares back for a moment then winks at me.

"Well I see you get the gist of it so let's get on with it shall we?" I shake my head.

"We'll see to the clan first and get them settled then we'll do your tests. But I'll tell you like I told my clan. I won't accept anybody but them and if you try and take them from me...well don't." The man looked at me now with a fierce expression on his face but I just raised my brow. "And if someone tried to take her from you?" His jaw dropped and the woman laughed and clapped her hands.

"Well done Lea of the bears, defender of the weak, woman who weeps inside. Few guess that Gray is my mate. He's just so...grumbly." He frowns and she pats his arm. "It's okay enjoy the ocean for a few moments love and talk to her while her mates and I see to her people." Lore and Duke tense and I lean my head back to look up at them.

"Like I couldn't take him." Lore chuckles and kisses my mouth. Duke glares at Gray before kissing me as well then they walk off with the woman. He continues to stand, ignoring me and I shrug and sit down at the edge of the dock, dangling my toes in the sun kissed water. After a few minutes of silence he sighs and sits down beside me.

"I was human once." I glance at him curiously. His eyes are a stormy blue as he glances over at me with a wry smile. "I gave it up to be with her, Sara, by the way and to give my brother the life he had always longed for with his mate. Now we are still separated." I blink. Oddly moved.

"It would suck to be parted from my brothers. Do you at least speak to each other?" He tilts his head as he eyes me curiously.

"No. We are on different...planes of existence." I look down at my toes I swirl them in the water.

"Tell the powers that be to kiss your ass and go see him. Nobody would keep me form my brothers or my mate." Abruptly he throws his head back and laughs. When he somber he looks back at me.

"You are very strange for a Supe." I laugh and splash water on his legs.

"Your very strange for...whatever you are. Could you turn the shine down by the way, I'm going blind here?" He freezes and his shoulders stiffens and he stares at me in shock.