Chapter 7: What doesn't kill you...

LEA POV

I wake up to Mal and Devil standing guard while everyone else cuddles around me and I'm asleep in Lore's arms. I smile at Mal and run my fingers down the side of Lore's face. I feel the stubble on his cheeks as he nuzzles into me. I lean into his neck and take a deep breath.

"Last Rites are today." His eyes opens as he turns to look at me.

"I know." He pulls me closer to him and I sigh.

"I think Caine and Abel should stay with Ash, Liam, and Conlan. They're good for them. They'll die for them. I don't think they have any family left anyway."

"I know." I peer up at him.

"You know everything don't you." His eyes narrow as he smirks at me.

"I know you need to go get ready and so do we." I nod and crawl over him to get off the bed. His member presses into my stomach and I bite my lip.

"You're very happy this morning." My brothers chuckle as he speaks.

"I know."

..........

Lore and I come down after my brothers and meet Cara and Phelan at the top the the stairs. I blink back tears at the bodies on the tables but don't say anything as we continue down the stairs. As soon as we hit the bottom step Griften comes out of the kitchen and heads over to Cara. I hear a gasp and turn to see Ash pass out. Conlan catches her and lays her on the ground as Caine and Abel start to cry. When Ash finally wakes up from the panic attack the wolf goddess appears in front of us but I look back to Ash when the boys call her mom. Tears slide down my cheeks as Ash scoops them onto her hips and stands while turning to me.

"I'm sorry." I smile.

"I'm glad their is some happiness to be had from this event Ash. I thank you for bonding with Caine and Abel. You'll see alot of me when we come to visit Cara. But maybe we should do last rites now so that I can go home. I'm feeling off right now." Coner clears his throat and we all turn to him as he speaks.

"I give these Last Rites to Deke and Griften so their beasts may move on." We all gasp when the sheet falls flat and Griften and Deke appear in front of us. I watch as Deke walks over to Ash and tell her to watch the boys then he comes toward me. He leans down to my ear as he speaks.

"Thanks for watching out for us sis." I sob as he turns and walks over to Cara. He speaks to her but I can't hear the words over my sobs. Then Deke and Griften walk over to the goddess and grasp her hands then disappear. Ash takes the boys up for a nap and Lore and I decided it's a good time to hit the road. There's nothing here for us now and Phelan will watch over Cara. My brothers follow us out of the club. As soon as we hit the road I fall asleep.

LEA DREAM

"Lea!" I whirl around at the sound of my voice. Mal holds out his hand and I grin, taking it. He pulls me down the hallway and I'm suddenly afraid. I tug at his hand trying to pull away but he ignores me as he continues to walk towards the door. It opens and I see Lucius staring at me as Mal pulls me to his side. I tremble and he looks down at me.

"What are you shaking for sis? This is your mate Lucius." A sob breaks free and I shake my head.

"No never." My voice is a whisper as Lucius smirks at me, his eyes eager. Mal frowns at me.

"Mates are forever Lealah." I whimper, reduced to the scared little girl all over again.

"No." But Mal ignores me and shoves me at Lucius. As his arms wrap around me I scream but he doesn't let go. He'll never let go. I'm his forever and nothing can save me now. My mouth opens as my hands shove at him but he only laughs and pulls me closer. I feel my claws come out as I grip his arms, drawing blood. As soon as the smell of his blood hits my nostrils I freeze as a scream tears through the air.