Chapter 7 Part 2 .....Makes you stronger

LEA POV

I rush into the woods as I feel the anger pulsing inside of me. He's just...just so pushy. Limbs smack at my face as I continue to run. I'm giving up and being a coward? What does he know about anything? My breath hitches but I fight back the tears as I come into a clearing. I take a step closer as I look at the view before me. Wind brushes at my hair as I look at the sky streaked with gold and orange. The sun sets into the back drop as I stand on the over look watching it dip down into the horizon. I settle on the ground and lean back on my hands thinking about what Lore had said. Now that the initial rush of anger has worn off.

"That was very abrasive back there." I start and look up to see Lore towering over me, his eyes glinting in the twilight. I tilt my head to the side as I regard him. He's still angry. I can feel the anger pouring off him in waves.

"I thought you were going to reject me back there." He smirks as he sits down beside me and pulls me into his lap.

"And I thought you were going to rip my arm off." I chuckle and give in to the urge to lean my head against his chest. He stiffens then wraps his arm around me.

"Talk to me baby." Keeping my face in his chest I talk.

"You may know what I'm feeling but I don't know what's going through your head half the time. I'm not really trying to die I just don't know how to fix what's wrong. I feel like there's this huge hole in my chest and I can't make it stop hurting." I start to cry as I bury my face in his chest. I inhale his scent as sobs rack my body. He clutches me tighter and speaks as he rubs his hand up and down my back.

"Mark me. It won't fix you but it's a start. We'll get through this together because I'm not going anywhere." I jerk back and my fear envelopes me.

"No...no...I...don't want to hurt you." He raises a hand and places it on my cheek.

"I know but do it anyway. Trust me to be your sword and shield." Then he leans closer to me bearing his neck. I hesitate then lean forward and bite into his neck. The pleasure of it makes me moan as I pull back and lick at the mark. He shudders and I'm overwhelmed with his lust and...

"Love baby. Love." Surprised I look up at him meeting his eyes.

"But I'm..." I start to say nothing but he presses his mouth to mine and I forget myself as his lips slide over mine. He pulls back and leans his for head to mine. I blush when I feel his shaft pressing against my ass.

"Mine. Your mine and no more death wishes." I start to speak but he shakes me slightly and I feel the terror of me leaving him flood my mind.

"Okay but it's not going to be easy. I might rip your arm off or something else." He shudders as I chuckle.

"Should we go find my brothers now?" He snorts and looks into the woods as my brothers walk out. I roll my eyes at them but direct my gaze to Mal.

"He's not going to hurt me guys." The boys laugh as Lore leans into me, his lips caressing my ear as he speaks.

"It's not you they're worried about." I look to Mal and he just shrugs as Maddox speaks up.

"Sorry Alpha but he's right. There's no way he'd hurt you." Lore stands carrying me with him as I look over at Maddox and I realize how tired they look. I look closer at Mal and see dark circles under his eyes. His normally dark complexion is pale and he's lost weight, they all have. Lore must have sensed my feelings because he sets me on my feet. I rush forward and I'm immediately enveloped in my brothers arms. I inhale their scents as I look up at Mal.

"I'm sorry. So sorry." He smiles and brushes hair from my face and it isn't til that moment that I realize he hasn't smiled since I came back. None of them have in fact.