Chapter 6: Withdrawl

A/N:  There is a naughty part in this chapter.  I didn't separate it. 

LEA POV

I woke warm and surrounded by bodies. A growl escapes me as hands rub my shoulders soothingly.

"Lealeah, it's just us." I tried really hard to hear their voices, to make my brain understand it was them but all I felt were the hands on my shoulders. The whispering of my name taking me back to the him pushing himself into me. Dimly I hear a roar as my paw sweeps outward just as I open my eyes. I see Mal, his eyes in anguish, as he stares at me. The same way Lore had sat there waiting days before. Immediately I shift, knowing I can't stop my outstretched hand. My palm strikes his cheek, flinging him sideways into the wall. Ignoring my other brothers I slide off the broken bed and walk over to kneel in front of Mal as he spits the blood out of his mouth onto the floor.

"You didn't follow me. None of you." I look back to see my other brothers staring at me, apprehensive.

"We followed as soon as it clicked Lea..." I shook my head covering his mouth.

"You can't call me that. Not ever again. He called me that Mal. He called me that while he raped me because you called me that." There are snarls behind me as Mal's eyes widen and I drop my hand from his mouth.

"Don't pity me Malicious. Don't you fucking dare. I lived and he didn't. There's a pain rolling around deep inside me but it'll ease. It'll settle." Mal's eyes are carefully blank as he reaches out and grabs my hand. I don't pull away as he speaks.

"How? How do you know that?" My chin juts out as I set my jaw.

"Because I say it will Mal. Because I say it will." His eyes search mine and something there settles him. He releases my hand and opens his arms as he settles back against the wall.

"Then hug me sis. Prove it." I see the challenge in his eyes and I don't hesitate. I lean forward and press my face into my brother's chest. I even manage a giggle when I feel the others press against my back but it's not the same as it was and it never wil be. My brothers' arms used to make me feel safe and somehow I don't have that anymore and I know why. They can't save me anymore only I can do that now. Only me.

....................

I turn off the shower and hear low male chuckles through the door. Narrowing my eyes I look around the bathroom. I know that laughter anywhere and I know what it means. Mantra and Maddox have done something. My eyes settle on the toilet seat I lift the lid and see cellophane over the bowl so if I had set down and peed it would have gotten all over me. I roll my eyes as I slip on one of Lore's shirt, it falls about mid-thigh but it'll work until I grab pants from my bag. Surely they can do better that that? I open the door realizing my mistake too late as freezing water falls on me. Looking up at the empty bucket I scream at them as I rush out of the bathroom. I chase them down the hallway, throwing anything I can find at them and watch in amusement as they fall down the stairs, landing in a pile at the bottom. I look up when I hear laughter then blush and duck my head when I realize I'm only wearing Lore's shirt. I look up when Ash speaks.

"I take it these are your brothers?" I nod as Ash points to Lore, who's trying to sneak into the kitchen. "Talk to your mate, Lea." I scowl at Lore as I leap over my brothers and rush at Lore. I wrap my arms around him just as he stiffens. I turn and it's as if everything slows down. Dek has shifted as is going after Phelan but Griften gets in the way. He rips Griften's head from his body even as Lore rushes over with Conlan and they grab him. Cara wails as she clutches at Griften's shirt. Numb I walk over and kneel beside Deke. She says something but all I see is Deke as he shifts back into his human form. He lays there even when Cara shifts and tries to attack him. My smart-ass Deke killed Griften. I want to ask why but I can't find the words. I'm looking over as Cara beats at the floor when Deke yanks at my neck. Before I can blink he slits his throat. Then as blood pours from his throat he speaks.