Chapter 17 Honeymoon Fever WARNING ADULT CONTENT

LEA POV

One minute I'm on the beach sunbathing with Lore and Duke and the next I'm asleep with the nightmares ripping at my soul. I blink my eyes trying to pull myself away. I've heard that if you blink your eyes while your dreaming you can switch dreams but it isn't working. His hands press at me, his lips slide against my skin and I claw at him trying to push him away, praying that my bear will surface.

"Lea." Someone calls my name and I'm not there anymore but somewhere else. "Lea, open your eyes." I recognize the voice. I know who it is but I won't open my eyes so I shake my head again.

"Oh, little bear you can't deny what is." His hand touches my faces and my eyes fly open to meet his. His eyes are calm. Much calmer than I've ever seen them in life but the familiar peek of humor is there. He smiles at me as a tear slides down my cheek, knowing I hate it when he calls me that.

"How are you here? And don't call me that." He shrugs and wipes away the tear before pulling away from me.

"You know how." I shake my head and he laughs softly before crossing his arms over his chest to observe me.

"Always so stubborn little bear. Admit the truth. Tell your mates because you have my gift now and you know what that means. I'd hoped you'd get my ability for healing but it counteracts with your own ability. You got this little bear and your going to have to tell them what else he did because Lex will want you now. He'll do everything in his power to take you." I stare at those calm eyes and shake my head.

"No." He sighs and tilts his head.

"Say my name little bear." I shake my head. He chuckles and leans down to press a kiss to my forehead.

"Always so stubborn."

"Why are you here now?" His eyes saddened as a background starts to form behind him.

"It's time to remember all of it." I shake my head, stumbling back.

"No." His eyes plead with mine.

"You have to little bear. It's not my choice but you'll need this knowledge in the future. His hand reaches out as a sob breaks through.

"NO please don't do this Deke." And then the picture is formed and I remember it all as I'm sucked back into it. I feel Deke's hand in mine, comforting me as I'm forced to relive it. To face the truth then everything is black.

.............

I hear growling and shuffling above me but I don't open my eyes. I feel the sand shift beneath me as someone lifts me into their arms but I don't move nor do I protest as they carry me out of the sun. I hesitate a second and think back to the dream then I snuggle into the warm chest. Arms set me on the bed and I feel two people climb in on either side of me as the bed dips. I don't have to look to know they're hovering over me. I hear a sigh then Duke speaks.

"Lea." A shiver rushes through me and I peak at him through my eyelashes. He grins and I glance over to see Lore looking down at me as well.

"I knew you wern'te asleep. What were you dreaming about?" I shrug and shake my head burying it deep in a pillow. I won't tell them not yet. I need this time with them first before I drag the drama back to us. I lift my head back up and they say something as a figure appears at the end of the bed. At first it's like he's out of focus like your fixing the zoom on a camera then BAM! he's visisble. I jerk in surprise and a gasp forms.

"Deke." Lore frowns and Duke rubs my cheek with his.

"That's what you were dreaming about, love." I stare at him lost for a second before nodding sharply.