Chapter 6: Training

Hajime's p.o.v

"Alright class, before you leave, remember that we're sparring tomorrow, so train at your hardest before then!" Iruka said as children quickly left. "Hajime,  the Hokage would like a word with you."

I looked over at Iruka and nodded my head before taking my leave. I took my time getting there seeing that it's no type of emergency. I knocked on the Hokage's door and was allowed inside. I open the door and closed it behind me. I walked inside his office and stood in front of his desk, giving a slight bow.

"You asked to speak with me, Lord Hokage?" I asked.

"Yes, I wanted to know if you can watch over Naruto." he said. "It seems that you two have become fairly close."

"Watch over him?" I asked confused. "Why do I have to watch over him?"

"Because Naruto is the jinchuriki for the nine-tailed fox." he said. "Seeing that you're strong for your age, you can help fend off those who wants to extract his powers." 

"Naruto..? A jinchuriki?" I asked in disbelief. "Is that why the villagers here treat him so poorly?"

Lord Third sighed. "Yes, but do you think you can do it Hajime?"

"Yes, but how will I be able to protect him after we graduate?" I asked. "After graduation, we'll be put into a three man team. Two males and one female, that's how it works." 

"Ah yes, I believe I was going to assign you to any mission his team does outside of Konoha." he said.

"Oh, okay, well that works for me." I said. "Is there anything else you wish to speak to me about?"

"No, that is all." he said. "You may be dismissed."

I slightly bowed to the Hokage and took my leave from his office. I walked down the stairs and ran my fingers through my red locks.

'Damn, I had to befriend not only a trouble maker, but a jinchuriki too? This is going to kill me faster... jinchuriki's aren't easy to protect.'

I sighed at the thought as I walked the streets of Konoha. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and silently watched the passing villagers. Seeing how their lives run makes me feel less stressed. But oh how I envied them so..

They lived more peacefully than us shinobi's. Sure, they may have a child who is a shinobi but that's besides the point. The point is, those who are villagers doesn't have to go out and risk their lives for something that can be so little. They just stay here and live a life that many shinobi's would truly die for. I know I would.. but I can't live that life, not until I finally see my brother.

My eyes faltered. What if I never see my brother before then? Or would he even care that I finally leave the world? I mean he's been gone for six years and not a single day have I ever seen him. Maybe he doesn't even care about Granny Chiyo and I anymore...

I shook my head, trying to shake out the negatives. I shouldn't think like that... my brother would never do something like that, right?

Whatever, I'll try my best not to think much about it. I'll just go train and rest afterwards. Hopefully by then I rid those thoughts out of my mind.

???'s p.o.v

"This is the child I'm suppose to watch over?" I mumbled to myself. "He doesn't really look like much."

I watched the red head closely, seeing that he was beginning to take his leave. The kid looks like he's about my age... I guess that would be quite fascinating to see someone like him as an operative. Not many kids my age join something that I'm in. Hell, they're too young and naïve to actually be mature. 

"Here we are, the training grounds!" he said. "Now to train so I can kick Sasuke's stupid hairline back to normal!"

'What...?'

"I should probably see which puppets need tweaking first before I train..." he said scratching his head. "Can't have a Puppet backed up and not know before a real battle."

I watched him as he unraveled two summoning scrolls. About a hundred puppets came popping out like fireworks. You could hardly see his chakra strings, but it glistened in the sun, making it able to be visible. He attached his strings onto every puppet like it was nothing! 

I leaned a bit forward on a tree branch I was hiding on. I was a bit interested in how he will be able to control all these puppets. He began to move his fingers here and there making me look out for which puppet he was moving. It was quite amazing if you ask me. He was able to move one puppet, two puppets at a time, and even all at once! I have never seen anyone control this many puppets at a time before! Well, I don't ever recall ever seeing a puppeteer yet.

"Numbers 45, 23, and 89 are jammed." he mumbled to himself.

He pulled his fingers back and three puppets came flying towards him. Hajime grabbed one of the puppets and crouched down. He opened the compartment to its stomach and began to fix whatever the problem it was for the puppet. He did this to the other two puppets as well. 

"That should do it." he said. "Now let's see the speed for my needles now."

He flicked his fingers inwards making the hundreds of clicks fill the air. The compartments of every puppet opened their stomachs and began to shoot towards a tree.

"Raising speed up five notches.." he said.

The speed began to increase but he still seemed unimpressed.

"Raising speed to full capacity..."

The speed spiked up dramatically and it looked like a wall of senbon needles was being created. I stared at it with amazement but his glare said otherwise. He ceased his puppets to stop as he walked over to the tree that was filled with many needles sticking onto it as if it were now a porcupine. Some needles even fell due to not having anymore room on it. He placed his hands on his senbon needles and brushed over them.

"Not fast enough... I'll have to experiment on one of the puppets and see if I can increase their speed before applying it onto the rest." he said. 

Hajime then walked away from the tree and laid down onto his back as he wiggled his fingers. He was making his puppets gather the senbon needles that were on the tree.

"I shouldn't overuse my chakra... I should train on something else. Maybe stamina.. you'll never know if you ever have to run from battle." he said staring at the sky. 

He yawned and flipped over to lay on his stomach.

"I'll probably do that tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit lazy today." he said yawning again. "Maybe I'll find Naruto or Iruka-sensei right now.. can't waste a good deal."

Hajime got up from the ground and arched his back to get it to pop a bit. Once  the satisfying pop, he gathered all his puppets to go back into the summoning scrolls. He put the scrolls into his pouch and made his way out of the training grounds. 

"I see why he found interest in Hajime. His skills are beyond average and his knowledge is sharp." I said to myself. "I should go and report this in."

I jumped off of the branch and ran through the shadows to stay undetected from the villagers. It's a shame no one can know of our secret operations. Hell, I don't even know what our goal is, but we follow him and complete our orders without a second thought. Orders is all we know there as we pledge our devotion to him. I feel sorry for Hajime, he doesn't have a choice but to join. 

'You'll be joining us very soon... Hajime.'