Chapter 8: Surprise Visit

Hajime's p.o.v

I laid in a grassy field watching the clouds roll by. The birds chirped in harmony, flying with each other as if they were in a game of tag. 

My body was aching in pain from the training I did not too long ago. Since I was too afraid to use my chakra, I tried to train in other subjects such as taijutsu and kenjutsu. I was pretty weak in those two since I'm a long distant fighter so I thought why not improve them? Hopefully I could get the hang of it soon. I was still breathing heavily but not as bad as it was before since I was relaxing my body. 

I raised my left hand into the air and closed my hand into a fist as if I were trying to catch a cloud. I chuckled at that and retracted my arm. I smiled faintly at the blue sky before I stood up and dusted myself off for any excess of grass or dirt that latched itself onto me. 

I grabbed my training sword which was made entirely out of wood and walked back to my apartment. I opened my door with my keys and closed it behind me as I took off my shoes. I tossed my makeshift sword onto my couch and went into my bathroom to take a nice relaxing shower. 

I turned on the water as I removed my clothing and neatly folded them and laying them on the toilet lid. I placed my right hand into the water before turning it up a bit more to increase the heat. Once it was at a temperature I liked, I hopped into the shower. 

I began to do the basics, shampooing, conditioning, etc. But of course, with every shower comes with deep thoughts. Although, I don't want to go into details about it. My thoughts tend to be very repetitive.

KNOCK

KNOCK 

KNOCK

"Crap." I muttered to myself.

I immediately turned off the water and got out to get a towel off the rack. I wrapped the towel on my waist and quickly made my way to my front door. I opened the door slightly to poke my head out and seen the man I disliked most. It was that Hatake guy. I narrowed my eyes dangerously at him ready to kill him any moment.

"Can I help you?" I said bitterly.

"Oh, sorry for interrupting your shower." he said sheepishly. "However, your grandmother is here to see you. She's currently speaking with the Hokage."

"Alright.."

The man nodded his head and left my front door. I closed my door and walked back into my bathroom to retrieve my dirty clothes. I grabbed my clothes and walked into my room and placed my clothes into my hamper. 

"Looks like I can't take that nap I wanted.." I sighed.

I grabbed a set of fresh clothing and putting them on along with my shoes by my front door. I patted my pants to make sure I had my keys. Seeing that they were there, I walked out my door, locking it in the process and sped walk towards the Hokage office. I was hoping that obaa-san wasn't embarrassing me..

I made it to the office and was about to knock until the door opened itself.

"There you are, child." Granny Chiyo said. "You were taking awhile to get here."

"Gomen..." I mumbled.

"Still not talkative I see." she sighed.

I avoided her gaze while I seen the Hokage watched me from the corner of my eye.

"Can I at least have a decent greeting?" she said. "I came all the way out here to see you!"

I shifted uncomfortably under her presence which she just took it as an opening to hug me. I tensed up at her touch a bit shocked. I don't even remember the last time we ever hugged. She released me from her embrace and sadly looked at me.