Chapter 17: Rest

Hajime's p.o.v

I can't believe what I was seeing... A member from the 7 Swordsmen was standing right in front of us. I don't know if I should be afraid or honored to actually face him, but no matter, a fight is a fight, and I'll be happy to lay a scratch on this menacing man.

I lay my right hand where my scrolls are hidden, waiting for a move to be taken. The other genins seemed to be shaking with fear, which of course the two sensei's have taken notice of. They had directed them to guard Tazuna... along with me. I was unhappy with their decision, but I must take heed of their orders. 

I take a few steps back in order to get closer to Tazuna, ready to block any blows that may accidentally or purposely head towards him. My right hand remained on my scrolls while I watched the adults fight strategically against each other. Naoki-sensei was supporting Kakashi-sensei's chakra natures, enhancing his attacks abnormally. I found it quite intriguing about how Naoki-sensei played both offensively yet very defensively. He didn't let his guard down one second and from time to time, he would take a look at his surroundings, looking after both him and Kakashi. Well, I mean he had to, I was noticing that Kakashi wasn't keeping his guard up as tough as Naoki.

My Sensei was saving Kakashi left and right, calling out where he believed Zabuza's clone would strike or how close he was getting. His sensitivity was high, even in this dense mist, but he kept up with Zabuza as if there wasn't a single mist anywhere. Interesting... very... interesting...

"Finish him off, now! Kakashi!" Naoki-sensei shouted.

"No problem..." he replied.

Kakashi pulls out a kunai, ready to pierce the man, who was pinned onto the tree behind him. Seeing blood going to soon be spilled, I leaned in a bit closer to get more of the view while the others behind me whispered amongst each other if Kakashi was really going to kill the man, besides Sasuke of course, but I can tell he was thinking of it as well.

Kakashi pulled his arm back in order to gain the velocity he needed to pierce him quickly, but was cut off by senbon needles that hit Zabuza right on the neck. Confused, we all looked towards where the needles were shot, and out came a tracker ninja standing before us.

"Thank you for capturing Zabuza, I had been tracking him down for quite some time now." the boy said. "I will be taking him with me now."

Without hesitation, Naoki and Kakashi both nodded their head, understanding the situation. The tracker ninja took off with Zabuza's body, which made Naruto angry. He questioned why they would let him get away with him and how a boy as young as he is, is a part of a tracker ninja if he was near our age. To further where this is going, Kakashi had to explain how certain roles could come into play for children, such as us to be even stronger than himself and be put into a higher rank than what normal kids would be in.

Naruto was clearly upset with that answer seeing that a child like himself can be promoted fairly quickly while he remained as a genin. I thought it was pretty funny with how little knowledge Naruto and the others have about the real world, but then again, they'll catch on quickly with a few more missions.

After the brief talk about how the world works, it seemed that Kakashi's eyes seemed to look very tired quickly, and not a moment too soon, he fainted. Naoki immediately caught him before he hit the ground and wrapped Kakashi's arm around his neck as he wrapped his own arm around his waist to support his weight. 

Seeing how badly injured Kakashi was, Tazuna takes us to his place to get him patched up. Upon arriving there, we were greeted by Tazuna's daughter, Tsunami. She gladly took us all in and was quickly gathering medical materials. When she had everything she needed, she had Naoki-senseibring Kakashi upstairs to prepare for the treatment, which meant the rest of us were left alone in the living room as Tazuna went off to another room to do what he needed to do on his own.