Chapter 14: Damn Uchiha's

Hajime's p.o.v

Naoki-sensei and I stood there watching the two Akatsuki members who watched us carefully. No one seemed to make a move, waiting for someone to commence the fight, however, the blue man wasn't going to wait any longer and just decided to fight Naoki-sensei head on. Me on the other hand was going to stay back from the fight and battle from afar. There is no reason for me to fight when I am a range fighter. 

The man named Itachi saw that I was the only one remaining in my spot, not moving the puppets at all. His dark onyx eyes bored into mine, waiting for any sign of movement so he could strike. I glared my eyes at him, sending him a mental message saying to begin. Itachi got the hint and took out a kunai, ready to defend himself. I moved my fingers a bit to control certain puppets, activating hidden compartments to send out weapons blasting towards him, such as senbon needles, kunais, and shurikens. Each one was laced with a different intensity level of poison. The senbon needles are the ones you want to dodge the most. 

However, Itachi was far greater than me in a way... as to be expected from an Akatsuki member. He dodged everything as if they were nothing! I narrowed my eyes at him even more and sent in my melee puppets in to fight. I tugged my two index fingers inward as twenty puppets' arm's began to open their forearms as their hands hung loosely connecting to a small yet thick string to keep them from falling to the ground. 

Two swords emerged from their arm's that hid inside of it. Itachi looked at them with his eyes, ready to take them on. I made my puppets' run towards him, swinging with precision, I even used my ranged puppets' to keep up with hitting their ranged weapon in certain areas to try and bait him or even try to land an accidental hit by trying to predict his movements. When he noticed what I was doing, he closed his eyes and reopened them. I immediately averted my eyes from the male and tried my best to look at his chest in order to keep up and fight him.

"You're very smart for your age, not to mention strong." he said. "But you still lack in strength. You're strong from afar, but how are you really up close to a hand to hand combat?"

As he said that, he dashed towards me, making me jump back, however, he faked me out and ran beside me to kick the side of me. I flew back a few feet, hitting against the earthy ground. I quickly got up from the ground, but was soon held by the neck. Despite my skills, there really are things I lack, and that is speed!

I gripped his hand as he lifted me up, my feet dangling, causing me to lose concentration on my puppets. I shut my eyes tightly in hopes my eyes don't meet his. I heard him grunt in dissatisfaction as he tried to force them open with his free hand. I used my left hand to push his hand away as my other one still gripped his hand that was around my neck. I took in small breaths which only caused my throat to be even more suffocated. 

With the last inch of will in me, I tried my best to reconnect my chakra strings onto my puppets, however, I only managed to get one. I made it rush to my aid and try to land a punch on the Uchiha. I let go of my grip on his hand wrapped around my neck and held back his free hand. Now the only choice he had was to let me go to block it, unless he was going to take it head on. The puppet was getting closer and all Itachi did was watch it. I heard him mutter under his breath before throwing me aside and dodged the puppet. 

I gasped for air and rubbed my neck, wincing at how tender my skin was now. "I see you aren't in the Akatsuki for nothing." 

"Doubting my skills?" he said.

"I never said that, I just didn't anticipate a fight this strong." I said. "I haven't had a challenge in a while, much to the point where I can't even predict a fight anymore."

"Observant, yet cocky."

"Only because I'm not going down until these eyes meet my brother." I said. "No fight will be my last until then."