Chapter 11: Training Exercise

Jun's p.o.v

It was 6:32 in the morning and I was heading towards the training ground we were suppose to meet at. I was taking my time since I wasn't in a rush. I was coming onto the training grounds, and I had already seen Hajime there. I wonder how long he's been here. He was sitting on the ground just meditating. I don't know if I should even greet him or not, I didn't want to be yelled at like Usagi.

Despite what he did, I don't think Hajime is mean at all. I mean, he did come from Suna, so maybe the trained fairly strict there. I walked over to the spot and sat down at the base of a tree and watched the redheaded boy. I wanted to know more about him... but of course he would probably tell me off and just give me some mean mugging.

"HEY GUYS!" 

I looked over to my right and saw Usagi running towards us with a happy smile. I muttered a hello while Hajime didn't even take notice of her. However, his calm face scrunched at the sound of her voice. 

"What do you think we'll be doing today?" she asked.

"I'm not sure.." I answered.

"Well, whatever it is, I hope it isn't difficult! Like a test or something! That would be horrible!" she exclaimed.

Hajime grunted to himself and stood up. The two of us watched him go a few feet away from us causing Usagi to frown.

"I didn't think I was being too annoying..." she muttered.

"Hajime is more of a calm and collective guy, Usagi. He probably isolates himself in order to focus." I said.

"Who would ever what to be all by themselves?" she asked.

"Well, we all aren't the same, so it's only fair if we respect his personal space." 

She sighed. "I guess you're right."

Usagi sat down next to me and tried her best to keep quiet. I was happy to know that even though she was a loudmouthed girl, she would do whatever means to make her teammates comfortable.

"Jun.. do you think Hajime hates me?" she said sadly.

I frowned at her little comment. "I don't think so. But sensei did say he was probably trained very strictly. I think all we have to do is prove to him we can pull our own weight and maybe we can earn his respect."

"Then that's what I'm going to do! I'm going to make it my goal to earn that respect and finally be able to befriend him!" she said with a determined look.

I smiled faintly at her and looked over at Hajime. He seemed to be doing something in various places before returning over to us. I gave him a questioning look and he took notice of it.

"I will tell you my plans later." he said. "He's coming."

I nodded my head in response as a familiar green haired shinobi came into view.

"NAOKI-SENSEI!" Usagi shouted as she waved at him.

I noticed Hajime flinch at the sound of her voice and inhaled a deep breath as if he were trying to calm himself down.

"Well, you all came on time! At least you all had that down!" sensei said.

"What are we going to be doing sensei?" Usagi asked.

"Oh! Well, we're going to be playing freeze tag!" he said happily. "You all know about that game right?"

Usagi's eyes sparkled with delight. "YES!"

"Is this some type of joke?" Hajime scoffed. 

"No, it isn't. Now, you three will be a team while I'm on my own. If I tag I've of you, you all have to stay still until a member of your team unfreeze you. If I tag all three of you, you're all being sent back to the academy. Tag me, I'll automatically lose since I'm on my own. And I'm timing it to four hours." sensei said. "Any questions? No? Begin!"