Chapter 7: Friends?

Hajime's p.o.v

It was early in the morning and I had already gotten myself ready for class. I was eating a bowl of rice and eggs with various steamed vegetables on the side. I didn't want to get over stuffed so I wanted to eat a somewhat light breakfast. 

With every bite I took, it made me miss obaa-san's cooking. I mean my cooking was good enough to be edible, but it didn't pack a punch like my grandmother's cooking. I took another bite of my food before loud banging was heard on my door. I sighed to myself and set my utensils down and walked over to my door. I opened the door and was greeted by Naruto.

"You're here quite early.." I said.

"Well, because I want to be as smart as you Hajime!" he said happily. "Star students wake up earlier, which must mean they get smart that way!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, shaking my head at the blonde idiot.

"That's not how knowledge is gained, Naruto... it's by studying and working hard. Something you lack." I said.

"I can study!" he said, pointing at me angrily.

"Naruto, you fell asleep just by looking at a cover of a book we were supposed to read for class. Not to mention we had to do a test on it and you failed." I said.

"We were suppose to read that?" 

"Naruto- you know what, I'm not even going to try. Just get inside before I change my mind. I said, opening the door wider.

Naruto walked into my apartment as I closed my door and locking it in the process. I walked back to my dining table and resumed eating. But it was quite weird for me to eat because Naruto looked bored and wanted something to entertain him. I wasn't used to company here a lot... especially in a village I'm not yet familiar with.

"Your apartment is plain." he said looking around.

My left eye twitched at his remark.

"I'm a student in an academy who doesn't go on missions to get money... I can't buy unnecessary things with the little money I get from the Hokage once a week." I said.

"Yet you make me buy your ramen when we're in the same boat.." Naruto mumbled to himself.

"That's your fault." I said, taking another bite.

"How many more days do I have to pay for your ramen still?" he frowned.

"Three more days."

"Yes! I'll finally be home free!" he shouted.

"Just be prepared for the last and final day.." I said.

"Why?" he said a bit scared.

"Let's just hope you have enough money in that little wallet, you have." I said finishing up my meal.

"What?! How many are you going to get!?" he said.

"Enough to put you bankrupt. Now, let's get going to class." I said, putting my dishes in the sink.

Naruto began to anime cry making me having to drag him out of my apartment. Naruto and I walked together side by side down the dirt road. I would get weird glances from the villagers as if they were afraid for my life. But of course, that was a daily occurrence for me whenever I walked with Naruto.

"What do think we'll do today?" Naruto asked.

"We're learning about the transformation jutsu." I said. 

"Aw man!" he whined. "We always learn about that!"

"Maybe because a certain blonde haired idiot never gets it right because he always goof off." I said nonchalantly.