Chapter 16: The Land of Waves

Hajime's p.o.v

Frustrated... I feel frustrated! Failure! These experiments are horrendous! I'm missing a component in this equation! The only thing I have managed to do was allow my poison to eat away the skin cells, allowing it to spread on the skin in a small radius, other than that, it does nothing. For the test subject for that... Don't ask about it, nothing needs to be spread in this village. 

With the poison, I've managed to create it into a solid and melt with body heat, so working with tweezers wasn't my idea of fun. However, because it does the damage I want, it doesn't bear the effect of what I want. I need for it to fatigue the enemy to gain me the upper hand in battles to come. Tsk, so many complications for one thing, but no worries, I'll get this creation to be nothing but perfection.

I yawned loudly as the beam of lights hit against my blinds. I looked towards my clock and it was morning already, I guess I wasn't aware of how long I stayed up trying to make this work. Well, I can't sleep now, if I remember correctly, Naruto told me that I was supposed to meet with his team with my own in the Hokage's office. He never specified what time I should have showed up, but it doesn't matter since I tend to arrive early anyway.

I stood up from my workbench and stretched my arms and legs before getting ready to leave the apartment. I was still groggy from the lack of sleep, but it was only one day, so I'll be fine. I patted the sides of my pants, double checking to make sure that I had everything I needed. Once I had the confirmation that everything was there, I made my way out of my apartment and towards the Hokage's office.

As I walked the streets of Konoha, I've noticed that it seemed to be livelier than ever. I only say that because there was more people outside today than usual. In this village, people here tend to be inside their homes and send the children to run some errands, or their shinobis would be out on missions for weeks. Not sure what made today so special that a lot of people are outside, but it's nice in a way. Kind of... I'm not fond of these crowded areas. I just need to power walk my way out and hope no one in the crowd touches me, it makes me feel a little angry, but that's just me.

Carefully making my way though the crowd, I made it to the Hokage's office and decided to wait for either my team or Team 7 to arrive before entering. I wanted for all of us to hear it at once, and I also think waiting in his office for them to arrive will make either my team or Team 7 to look bad. I don't want to intrude his space, so I decided to lean against the wall behind me and just wait for them. I'll keep track of time to see when they arrive, if it's longer than thirty minutes, I'll destroy them... Not literally, but metaphorically. 

-----------

Thirty two.... Thirty two minutes is how long I have been waiting for them. My patience is wearing thin. If I was at least twenty seconds late for my training, my Lord Fourth would have my head. Does the Hokage not enforce such rules? Hmph, of course not, this village is too soft for its own good. It has its advantages because of it, but many disadvantages. Oh well, it's not like I can imply my thoughts about how to run an entire village. Even if I did manage to become a Kage, you better believe that everything will be hectic.

"Keep looking at me!" a loud voice echoed in the hall. "I dare ya!"

"Naruto you idiot! Don't scare the poor thing!" a loud female voice said.

"But Sakura- OW!" Naruto screamed. "What was that for?!"

"You're being too loud!"

I heard Naruto grumble to himself as their footsteps were getting closer. I kicked myself off of the wall I was leaning on and looked down the hall from where I heard them. Team 7 was coming into view and Sakura had a cat in her arms, although, it didn't seem to like Naruto all that much. The cat kept glaring daggers at him as Naruto did the same. I looked at him weirdly, wondering what was going on and why they had a cat with them, but it's not my place to ask.