Chapter 10: Team 6

Hajime's p.o.v

It was early in the morning and I had been sitting in class with Naruto by my side. Today we were going to get our hitai-ate's. We had to do two solid clones if we are to pass on as genins. I wasn't all too worried about the test since it didn't take too much chakra out of me. Naruto however, he was panicking like a mother had lost her child.

"Will you sit down already?!" I said, irritated.

"BUT HAJIME! MY LIFE IS OVER! I CAN'T DO THIS!" he screamed.

"I have told you many times that you have to study in order to pass. Not to mention to actually practice the jutsu." I stated calmly.

Naruto ignored my little comment and continued to panic. I shook my head at the blonde and just watched students get called on to do the jutsu. Many students walked out happily with their own hitai-ate's. Those who were finished were now outside, probably showing off that they were now a genin. 

Sasuke was now called next, meaning it was almost the end since it was only Naruto and I left. This only caused Naruto to mumble that he was doomed. I'd give him something positive to give him, but all in all, this was his own fault. Choosing to goof around instead of academic studies was his first mistake. To also choose a very high dream was his second mistake. To think a procrastinator would be a Hokage would be very worrisome.

"Naruto, you're up next!" Iruka-sensei said.

"W-What?!" Naruto said. "Are you sure you didn't mean Hajime?"

"Naruto!"

"Okay, okay! I'm coming." Naruto muttered.

Naruto slumped his shoulders as he walked behind Iruka. Sasuke walked out of the testing room. He walked up the stairs slowly. The both of us side glanced at each other. As soon as we made eye contact, he instantly smirked. I narrowed my eyes at the cocky Uchiha. 

He thinks he's so damn special just because he has a hitai-ate. It's not even a big deal! Everyone has it! Not to mention they all have the same color! Do they not know they can ask for a black one? Because I certainly do. Tch, bunch of basics. 

Sasuke finally left the classroom and I was left alone in the empty room. I tapped my fingertips on the wooden desk waiting until I finally get called on. I was getting rather impatient seeing that I was the last one here. I mean I know I have no last name, but this is ridiculous! I wouldn't be treated like this back home..

"Hajime! You're up now!" Iruka-sensei said.

I nodded my head and walked down the stairs. I passed by Naruto but his face showed it all. He didn't pass the exam. I mentally shook my head at him and walked into the testing room.

"Alright Hajime, this here is Mizuki-sensei. We will both be-"

I interrupted his sentence and just performed the jutsu. I was already angry due to the long wait. I just wanted to go home at this point. 

"U-Uh, ahem, good job Hajime!" Iruka-sensei said. "But next time, maybe you could wait until I finish?"

"Not possible." I said. "I hate to be kept waiting.. it's highly irritating."

Iruka-sensei gave me a sheepish smile while the other sensei looked like he was observing me. I narrowed my eyes at him before returning my gaze to Iruka-sensei.

"Well, here's your hitai-ate!"

"Do I have to wear it sensei?" I asked. "I mean.. I already have a hitai-ate from Suna."

"Well, I'm not really sure. You'll have to ask Lord Third about that." he said.

I sighed. "Alright, well can I at least have it in black?"