Chapter 5

Previously

"Hey, maybe next time?" I offered, hoping that I didn't offend her in some ways.

"Yeah, next time." She put up a smile, the one I can tell she's trying to put up for long enough to convince me. She reach out for my hand though, saying "Come on, we don't want to be late."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Pamela

Memories, an ability to let one travel through time while yet stuck in the present. It helps you repeat everything that ever happened to one's life. It give you a chance to be a part to that said past, to let yourself be accompanied by your dreadful mistake that us, the younger us, had done.

Our mind can do much to one person; it either will lead us out to evolving and be destined with gifts or throw us in the world of bitterness, where sadness is a normal every day thing. It's funny how minds can put us in the state of confusion, depression, and let us roam in our life, lost.

Our said memories are really are the bittersweet of reality. It drowns you, points at you, argue with you in all cause because why not. It will blame you like a suspect, like it wasn't the one that gives the idea to do such things despite your wish to do good, it even blame you for doing so!

It will scare you with surprises as we wonder for our future or simply keep repeating what we regret the most. Or it just makes you feel that you should be dead than alive and in the same time, lecturing you to live today.

Some people had named these thoughts as their demons. That their mind simply doesn't get along with their heart. I've watched this show that speaks the difference of the human brain; he says that our left side of our brain argues with the right side brain.

He tells how their difference can be either their doom or solution.

The man that put up the show is a comedian, a good one in fact. He shows that even our selves doesn't agree with each other, we simply needed to see each others' point and make an option where all could be fair and satisfying.

This is something I couldn't do, despite my desire to do so.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"Mademoiselle, would you like some more tea?" A maid spoke, snapping me away from my wondering thoughts. It took me a while to realize that I was in the balcony of my room, the book in my hand fully forgotten.

"O-oui," I nodded, letting her refill my Tieguanyin Tea as I place the said book away, "merci, Helena." I beam at her and she returns the gesture.

Helena, a valet that works for both my father and I, nodded to acknowledge my appreciation as she stated "Pas de problem, mademoiselle."

A knock then interrupt our peace and Helena had gone to answer the door. Soon, a man, wearing a black suit with a basic tailored vest, enters to greet me a "Bonjour, darling."

I stood up to embrace him tightly, showing that I've missed him in his absence. "'Ello, papa," I felt him lift me up slightly from the ground. When we leaned away I quickly inquired "'Ow was ze trip in London?"