Chapter 9

Previously

I stood then when I finally composed myself, my tears wipe away dry. I made a beeline to the door, and in the other side I know Joshua waits for me. With a last glance at the piano, a smile creeps on my face.

"One step closer."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sophia

"What best are the ones that came unexpected."

A quote of which I repeated several time before to a stranger whimpering in fear, they're plans was all broken as they weep to the floor of the bathroom stall in the first semester of my sophomore year. She was a senior, one that I haven't encounter until then.

She knows nothing of who I am for I speak to her in the other stall beside her.

She says that her plan was simply, graduate college in the course of Accounting & Finance, probably get married in the age of twenty-seven and have kids when she's thirty. But her last plan seems to come first in the age of 17. "It's a mistake," she said, crying out her problem to me. I was missing class but I didn't care, I listen to her anyway.

She explained that it was suppose to be a one night stand and that she just wanted to release tension and her stress in the form of sex. I understand her but tried to convince her to keep the child without pulling out the guilt card.

She says she'll keep it and that her plans have to wait. I offer my help, she says she didn't understand. "I have people with me, they'll be happy to give support to give you some boost on the pregnancy stuff. I'll be happy to donate a couple of dollars too, just to make sure you have money to go through it if your parents acted badly."

"Why?" it was her question. "Why are you willing to help me?"

I thought about it deeply, questioning my own decisions but just said the truth that "I may not be experiencing the same situation as you," I started, "but I know what you're feeling. Think about this though, perhaps the unexpected one coming your way is just God's way to directing you to where you need to go."

And that perhaps our encounter was his way of comforting the girl; he put me in this situation to give aid to her to help her bear with the child. Though I didn't speak that thought aloud, just let the girl know that I was willing to help her and that people waits to give what they can.

I did what I promised when she let me.

Being surprise is not really my thing, though it is a thrill of how my heart would leap in my throat when I am. I don't really go to these 'hunted houses' going on when it's Halloween, I'm the one to actually laugh when tried to scare. "You're no fun," Sora would say with Jason agreeing. "Are you, like, immune or something?"

I remember them having such motivation to find something I would scream out of fear, tried pouring insect and bugs at me when it's 'unexpected' and once lock me to the dark –but they receive a beat down because of that.

They made me have horror movie marathon with them but I just end up amused at how scared they are. Also, spiders do give me creeps but I'm not scared of them, I just don't want to touch them. Those fuckers are creepy ass with six legs. No, just no.