Chapter 11

Previously

She attempts to kiss me again, but this time I decline and only rest my arms in her hip bone and buried my face to the crook of her neck. I heard a small whine. "Hush now," I started, "all in good time."

"Merde," I heard her curse. The thickness of her accent making me shivers slightly. "Tu seras les clous de mon cercueil."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sophia

I couldn't accept the fact that we were told to end things so quickly.

I was really heartbroken to be honest, to act the role of the pursuing one was never on my lists. I mean, I never intend to actually like someone and want to proceed into more than a friend, I'm helpless at that moment. I didn't know what to do but decided to continue with my cliché habits. Thankfully, I have people with me.

My friendship with all started strangely, one that you didn't expect from people that held ranks above –or below, – people. Let's recap to when I meet Mike and Mark, the Greenfield twins that's been in the starting lane ever since I started doing the helping when I was still in grade 6. I admit that I may have been a total loner back then, still trying to keep up with everyday thing.

The two of them were known to be big jerks, total douche bags, your typical jocks that play football and are known for their good skill at the game. They were bullies, but never once they argued with each other. With that knowledge, I knew when I saw them fight for the first time, there was something wrong.

It was late, and I was just packing up to go home. I was given detention for not listening to my teacher's lectures that was so boring. There were few that stand in the hall, likely a number of 5 including me and the twins.

They bicker, the matter was personal so I tried to avoid them but much to my luck, they were standing near my locker. I decided that I could forget about my notes and just go but my English textbook had my pending assignments... so I had no choice but interfere, especially when I heard a threat from Mark, the one always stoic and buff.

"That's stupid..." I mumbled to myself when I heard one says that he'll kill the other one's loved one.

"What you say?" I turn to face Mike, with his weird hairdo that look like he just got of bed.

With much confident, I repeat "I said that's stupid."

I was pushed to my locker by Mark, he grab me by the collar and face me with fierce eyes. "Oh-ohoho, why lookie here, miss I got A+ at my math test. You got some guts talking to us, missy."

"Mark, let her go." Mike insisted softly but wince when his brother replied with a shout.

"Fuck no!" Mark belted, angrily hissing at his brother. "Shut the fuck up will you? Go fuck someone else's girlfriend!"

"For fuck sake," Mike sighed, "do you really believe Derek over me?"

"Derek?" I mouth before facing Mark with a grin. "Wow, you're more stupid that I thought."