Chapter 14

Previously

I find no words to respond as I stared at the cold meal he prepared for me. I glance at my trusted companion, seeing him eyeing me knowingly with yet again, his sly grin presents. "You always knew what to say, Jo-chi." I teased, finding hope in me and that's encourages me to smile.

"I've been told, Miss." When he left me to myself, I take a moment to breathe in and out as I realize the choice in my hand that I'm force to choose from. Am I willing to go back or am I just gonna stand by and watch?

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sophia

With everything now set thanks to the cooperation of my friends. All was eager to give a part and only few more things were needed to be put in place. Everything would be perfect for tonight. But before anything else, I'm required to talk to someone to set thing right.

"Where are you going?" Sora asked as I turn a way, ending our conversation about the plan B.

"Back home," I stated.

"What? Why? You're gonna chicken out now?"

Glancing at the brunet over my shoulder, I inserted "No. I'm just gonna have to talk to someone first. Tell Kevin that we need her here before 8." and I take my leave then with my motor.

The road didn't have much traffic so I arrive likely within 10 minutes. I park my bike in front of the garage door and end the engine. I then enter the house, climb the stairs and headed to my mother's room.

The road didn't have any traffic which led me to arrive back home within 10 minutes. I park my motor and enter the house. I've gone upstairs and headed towards my mother's room. It feels unusual for me to step at this part of the house, likely because I never have the need to before.

I knock, not certain mom was home but it was Saturday, maybe she is. And I got an assurance when a faint voice called out "Come in" from the other side.

I enter to see my mother on busying herself in front of her laptop, typing away like a professional with her eyeglasses on. After a few minutes, mom finally looks up with a question of "Sofie, what brings you here?"

"I gotta..." I cleared my throat to encourage myself to speak louder, "I have to talk to you 'bout something."

Nancy took off her eyeglasses, stating "Alright, I'm on all ears."

I took a deep breath as mom waits for me to start and when I mention that "It's about Pamela and what happened between you too." Mom's face changes, eyebrow twitching but she tries to keep a straight face. I take the silent as my chance to explain "She hasn't talk to me... I reckon you have something to do with it?"

"Well yes," Mom commented, eyebrows narrowed in annoyance. "I guess she did what I told her to do then."

"So you mean to say this was all you?" I kept my voice monotone, not wanting to turn this conversation into an argument. "What the hell happened between you two that you made so angry for some reason!?" I guess I failed to keep myself neutral as my mother

"Yes," Nancy replies, "And I don't want to talk about her or any Irriano for this matter. Leave this instance if you're gonna bicker about this, young lady. I have important papers to finish."