Chapter 7

Previously

While she coughs those, I head to the door with as I giggled an "Alright, gotta go!"

A question "When did you start dating someone?" did tail me but Mia received no answers once again. I then ignored her calls as I walk through the pavement, heading to the Sweet Revenge like I was told to meet Pamela there.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sophia

A fool, they are such great wonder aren't they?

Much don't approve to them, for they are reckless and quite too bold to handle but in my point of view, they are quite the unique ones. Just so willing, so blind, and just a human that makes mistake and they learn but always does things that isn't agreeable for everyone, still they're good people.

Some are just not guided in the right way.

A fool is very complex too; they are unpredictable and simply surprise you if you give them the chance to show you the wonder of what it takes to be like them. They held abilities no one in their sane mind could possibly do and no, I don't speak of those who don't get the right answer in a math test or the one that put the wrong chemical in a science presentation.

I'm talking about the one who's simply being called a fool.

Because such title is worthy than anyone label it to be. Because a fool is a strong being that don't care because they know and accept and maybe judge you too but what so marvelous about them is that they know and they understand. And it takes strength to admit that.

It takes courage to know because knowing brings fear, like knowing smoking isn't good for your lungs but you do it anyways, like standing in the edge of the rooftop could lead you to your death but you do that because you love the sight and the breeze that no one else can take from you.

Like knowing that falling in love to the one you can't have but you do that too because you're simply a fool who learns and do such mistake for the sake of being one.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

New York is a great place I admit so, not really a place I will call beautiful but it's been home, and I grown to appreciate the noisy street or its people or everything, all its flaw is a good thing here. The walls I passes by were painted with my memories, the parks, the streets, the people.

They, who I may not really know, shares memories with me as well, maybe I once bump into them or maybe we caught each others' eyes in accident or something like that.

Like that Lady I once encounter in a bookstore and she shushed me out of habit for I was singing a song out loud. She apologized and explained that she used to work in a library. I never forgot how nervous she looked at me.

And like that guy who was puking in an alley, so drunk and wasted. With Jason's idea to check the man's contacts in his phone, we called his wife and explain the situation to her. The man got home that night, safe and sound. I couldn't forget the way his wife looked when she saw her man and her repeated 'thank you'.

And these kids that got lost in the mall. They were only five and four and with Sora as my companion, we treated them with ice cream in our trip to search for a guard to alert them for the lost children. "I'm still never having kids though." I remember Sora quoting that as we bid our goodbyes, the kids leaving our sight with both parents hand in hand. I recall the tears of the parents as they saw their kids.