Chapter 1

Wren's POV

"I can't believe it", said Lucas who sat next to me in the car. We were on our way to our first day of classes at Millennium College.

 I was going to be studying criminology and Lucas was studying to be a teacher. Criminology... ironic right? I had dropped my investigative ways to save my relationship with Cameron Boyce who dropped his celebrity ways to be with me. It had been 2 months and the sacrifices we made for each other were still fresh. 

"I know", I replied. "Our first day of college."

"We're not kids anymore", he said with a nostalgic look on his face.

"Oh come on, Lucas. College students are just like kids. Just bigger."

"I guess so. Where's Cameron?" Lucas had finally made peace with the fact that I was with Cameron. Took a while, but things were good now. I was going to college with my best friend and my boyfriend. Life was good.

"He's meeting us there", I answered. 

"How are you guys?" he asked.

"Really good. Just like old times", I said with a  smile.

"Are you going with him to that party tonight?"

"No..."

"Why not? It could be fun."

"Come on, Lucas. You know I'm not a party person."

"Fine. I'm just saying that you should at least try to have a social life."

"I do have one! I have you."

"That's true. Just promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"Try to keep the whole enemy thing to a minimum this year, okay?"

"Lucas, I dropped the whole investigator thing. You know that. Don't worry about it."

"Okay."

5 minutes later, we arrived at the school. Both Lucas and I managed to pack all of our stuff into my car, with extreme difficulty. My car was packed to absolute capacity. 

As we started to unload our stuff, I heard a car horn honk at us. I turned around to see a familiar bright yellow Jeep pull up beside us. Cameron stepped out.

"Hey", he said as he planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Hi", I replied. 

"Ready for college?", he asked.

"Define ready", I said. He only rolled his eyes and began to help Lucas and I carry our stuff to our dorms.

We arrived at my dorm, room 110, and I opened the door. The room wasn't empty. I guess my roommate was already here. 

As I pushed through the door, a girl appeared from a closet on her side of the room. Let's just say I knew her... unfortunately. 

Tessa Winters starred back at me.

"No...", she said. "You're my roommate?" 

"Believe me, I'm not thrilled about it either", I muttered in response. 

Her eyes fell on Cameron and her mood changed from bad to worse. 

"Oh my god. Are you guys together?", she asked.

"Yes", Cameron replied. "And keep the jealousy to yourself, won't you? It's making everyone uncomfortable." She only glared at him and went back to putting up her movie posters. A The Fault in Our Stars poster and a Pitch Perfect poster.

After Cameron left to go to his dorm (which he was sharing with Lucas) Tessa spoke again.

"Listen, I know you think you can make yourself worthy of friends here because of Cameron but listen to me. You will never be worthy of friends. That's something even he can't change."

"What makes you think I want friends?", I countered. "I didn't care about friends in high school. Why should this year be any different?" 

She only scoffed and turned away, leaving me to assemble my side of the room. I didn't have that much so it didn't take long. 

++++++++++++++

It was an hour later and Tessa was getting ready to go to the start-of-the-year party. 

"Okay Wren, I have some ground rules", she began. "First, you will not go through any of my stuff."

"Why would I want to go through your stuff?", I asked.

She ignored me and continued. "Second, you will keep your nose out of my business and you won't snoop around."

"I don't really do that anymore", I said.

"Good. I'm so not taking your crap this year, Wren."

"Oh darn I was so looking forward to inflicting my 'crap' on you", I said sarcastically. 

"And third, we're going to talk as little as possible. Deal?"

"Yeah fine."

"You so won't be my problem next year", she muttered under her breath, just loud enough for me to hear. "Good. Now I'm going to this party. See you later."

"Can't wait!", I muttered in a sappy, sarcastic tone. She glared at me and left the room. 

How could I expect to have a fresh start with her here? Exactly, I couldn't. This year just got a lot worse. 

*********************

Hey readers! 

Hoped you liked the first chapter of this new story. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm also putting together a Wren & Cameron Playlist that will be put up along with the last chapter. Keep reading!

That_Epiphany