The Arrival

I left and locked my dorm and walked down the hall with Monte' on my shoulder. As I got closer to getting outside, I could hear the band getting louder and louder with every step.

Then, I suddenly heard the band stop playing.

"Yep, they're here alright." I said to myself.

I could faintly hear Ben, Audrey, and Fairy Godmother talking to the four teens. Ben wasn't stuck up or selfish like most of the students here, but he's unbelievably going out with Audrey, the most stuck up person in this entire school! I don't understand how they could possibly get along with each other, they have completely different personalities whatsoever and have NONE of the same interests at all!

Once I got outside, Fairy Godmother and the marching band were gone and everyone else was pretty much going on about their days, not paying any mind to the V.K's.

Anyway, after Ben gave them all a hand shake, or at least tried to, the boy who looked younger than the rest of them, about my age, with chocolate smeared on and all around his lips noticed me standing behind a topiary, not interrupting their awkward conversation.

"Hey, who's that?" he asked as his eyes began to look bigger than they originally did from a distance. He had to be Cruella de Vil's son since he didn't look like he could possibly be Jafar's son, plus he had white hair which was dark at the roots, had fur on either side of his jacket, and only had black, white, and red on his outfit. Yep, definitely a 'de Vil'.

I tried to hide further behind the topiary so that they wouldn't notice me. I guess Ben noticed what the boy was looking at or saw me before I hid completely behind the topiary because he turned around and said, "Oh, that's my good friend Trinity, daughter of Tiana and Naveen. T, come on over!", and motioned for me to come over. All of my friends call me T. I walked over slowly and shyly and saw all of them more clearly and closely. "Everyone, this is Trinity." he said putting his arm around me as I saw Audrey getting jealous. "Trinity, this is Jay, son of Jafar, Mal, daughter of Maleficent, Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil, and Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen."

"How did you know it was me?" I asked Ben as he smiled.

"I could see your green shoes and your legs. Are you forgetting you're one of the only African-Americans here?" he asked as I chuckled along with him.

"Uh, hi everyone. I'm Trinity, as Ben just told you and I'm happy to finally meet you all. Forgive me for not giving you a proper greeting at first, I'm just a little shy around new people." I said, stepping up to them.

First, I went to give Jay a handshake, but instead, he flipped my hand over and said, "Hello my dear princess." as he took off his beanie, and gave my hand a little peck.

'That's never happened before! What do I do?!'  I thought anxiously not knowing what to say or do. "I-It's n-nice to m-meet you t-too, Jay." I said nervously as I slowly pulled my hand away from his grasp. Hey, I'm insecure, can you blame me?

Next was Mal and I could tell that she wasn't amused at all, so I shook her hand and said, "Welcome to Auradon prep. I hope you have a wonderful time during your stay here.", but she returned it with a scoff.

Then, I walked over to Carlos. He was so adorable with all of that chocolate on his face. I could tell that he was at the most nothing like his mother. I tried to give him a handshake but he was just staring at me with a goofy smile on his face with bigger, wider eyes and was nearly drooling!

"Carlos. Carlos. Carlos! Snap out of it!" Mal shouted as she smacked the back of his head.

"OW! What was that for?!" he shouted in rage as he snapped out of his daze and rubbed the back of his head as Jay snickered at him.

"You were staring at her and wouldn't stop, so I smacked you." Mal smirked.

"I was? Oh, I'm so sorry, Princess Trinity." he said as his face turned bright red like the sleeves of his jacket.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it. And you don't have to call me 'princess' every time you see me, okay sweetie?" I said and I moved on to Evie and gave her a handshake as Carlos blushed even more than before!

"Did you hear that, Jay? She called me sweetie!" He said excitedly as Jay rolled his eyes and sucked his teeth at him.

As I was getting to know Evie a bit by creating small talk with her, Jay noticed Monte' sitting on my shoulder, sort of like a pirate's parrot.

"Hey, what's that thing on your shoulder?" he asked as I told him it was my pet frog Monte Gras. When Mal, Carlos, and Evie noticed what he was pointing to, they all looked at me with confused looks on their faces, as well.

"Oh, um, Monte Gras means Fat Tuesday, if you didn't know. I call him that since I found him on my eighth birthday, which was on a Tuesday and cause he's so chubby-wubby. What a coincidence, right?" I said and tickled Monte's belly a bit as they all continued the confused looks.

"What's wrong, haven't you ever seen a frog before?" and they all shook their heads no.

"Well, maybe. Once or twice, in a book." Carlos said.

"We don't really have a lot of animals back on the Isle. We used to, but not anymore. He looks cool though. Can I hold him?" Jay asked and I handed Monte' over to him.

Ben pulled me back and said, "Hey, I'm on a tight schedule today. You don't seem to be bothered by them. Do you think you could show them around campus?"

"Sure! It's not a problem at all. Go on and attend your 'princely duties'." I said putting air quotes around the words 'princely duties'.

"Great! Doug will inform them about their classes and tell them where their dorms are. I'll see you later, and thanks."

I gave him a wave goodbye as he and Audrey walked away. We started walking through the school courtyard as Carlos came running up to me and asked excitedly, "Are you going to be giving us the tour, Trinity?"

"Well, aren't you just like a little, energetic puppy." I said to him as he started to look scared.

"She thinks you're cute, so don't have a heart attack." Jay said as he sped up to us. "You see, Carlos is deathly afraid of dogs so you have watch your references to dogs with him."

"Jay!" Carlos whined.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I hope I didn't scare you." I said apologizing.

"It's ok, you didn't scare me." he said confidently as Jay made an imitation of a dog barking and he jumped a little bit as he punched Jay in the arm. He must not punch very hard because Jay didn't take much effect to it.

We finally made it into the school. Doug was standing there waiting for us as he introduced himself and began to tell them what classes they were going to have while being distracted by Evie for some reason. I see someone has a bit crush. I officially ship Devie! Yes, I've already made a ship name for them, don't judge me, it's clearly love at first sight! I know true love when I see it and that's a perfect example of it right there!

"Come on guys lets go find our dorms." Mal said as they started walking up the stairs and Doug told them their dorms were the opposite way.

"Would any of you like to take a tour around campus after you get settled into your dorms?" I asked.

"Evie and I have plans for this afternoon, so probably not." Mal said crossing her arms.

"How about I'll take you guys to your dorms and then whoever wants to come can come, does that sound good?" and I got all agreeing responses. As they began to walk the other way, I turned to Doug for a moment. "Do you think Ben made the right choice in letting them come here, Doug?" I asked him.

"Well, I'm not sure, T. But I do know that we're definitely in for a bumpy ride." he said with a nervous smile on his face.