Helping Others

I walked to my next class trying to pull myself together. 'Chad's just trying to get under your skin. You shouldn't listen to him.'  I thought to myself. 'He's just being a jerk as always.'

After a few more classes, one of my best friends, Jane, came running up to me at my locker. "Trinity, I need your help!" she said worriedly.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I said trying to calm her down. She was really insecure and anxious, too. Like me.

"Well, it's just that I have to take these papers down to my mom, but I'm too scared to go alone."

"But why, there's nothing to be afraid of." I said a bit confused.

"The villain kids are in her class, remember?!" she said practically yelling at me.

"Okay, Jane, I'll come with you if you're really that scared, but I promise you, though, there's nothing to be afraid of." I said as I finished putting my stuff away and we started walking. We finally came to the room were Fairy Godmother was teaching the four. We stood in front of the door silently not wanting to interrupt thier lesson just yet.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you A.), Curse it, B.), Lock it in a tower, C.), Give it a bottle, or D.), Carve out it's heart?" she asked making hand motions that went along with all of them. Evie was the only one of the four to raise her hand. Fairy Godmother called on her. "Evie!"

"What was the second one?" she asked as Mal looked up at her from her drawing with a 'really?' kind of look on her face. She must not be very bright.

"Oh, okay, anyone else?" Fairy Godmother asked them and none of them raised their hands. "Mal?" Fairy Godmother called out on Mal since she looked like she wasn't paying attention.

"C.), Give it a bottle." she answered.

"Correct, again." Fairy Godmother said happily.

"You are on fire girl!" Carlos complemented as I chuckled to myself.

"Just picked the one that sounds the least fun." Mal retorted as they all began to understand her strategy.

"That makes so much sense!" Evie said, suprised.

"I can't do this!" Jane whispered to me, trying to back out of the situation.

"It'll be fine, they're not going to hurt you." I whispered back comforting her as we both officially walked in becoming noticeable. Jane squealed as she practically ran past them and I walked behind her. "Hi guys." I said to the four of them. I got a small hello from the boys.

"Oh, hello dear ones." Fairy Godmother said to Jane and I.

"Hi." Jane said quietly. "You need to sign off an early dismissal for the coronation." she said handing off the papers to her mother. You could really hear the tension and fear in her voice.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane and of course her friend, Trinity." Fairy Godmother said as she finished signing the papers.

"Mom, no!" Jane whisper/yelled to her mother.

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." Fairy Godmother said nearly pushing her down the walk way in front of them.

"Uh, hi." Jane said terrified. All of them returned with unamused looks. "That's okay, don't mind me, as you were." she said curtsying, then squealing and running as she passed by them once again. And with that, we left the room. "Thank you so much, T." she said as we walked down the hallway.

"See, now was that so hard?" I asked.

"Yes, it was! But I still felt better since you were there with me." she said and hugged me.

"I'll text you later, alright. And at least try to get to know them before you judge them, please." I told her as we were about to turn opposite corners to go to our classes.

"Okay, I'll try. See ya!" she said before we went our opposite ways.

"Bye!" I said before walking into my next class.

After two more classes, I finally had my free period and I didn't get any homework yet. Awesome! Ben walked up to me at my locker.

"Hey, T, I was wondering if you wanted to come out on the field and help me train Carlos for his tourney skills since they're lacking." he said with a hopeful smile.

"Sure, I'll come. I have nothing better to do anyways. But, why do you want me to come, specifically?" I asked him feeling suspicious.

"Because, I think Carlos would really like it for you to come out and be his little 'cheerleader'." he said winking at me. I gave him a small punch in the arm. "What? He really likes you and I'm pretty sure Jay does, too. You should see the looks on their faces when I mention your name." he said and I looked down smiling. "Do you like them back the same way?" he asked me with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

"Well, I guess you could say I have a bit of a crush on Carlos, but were just friends." I said to him, kind of disappointed.

"Mmm-Hmm. Well, what about Jay, don't you like him at all?" he asked me.

"No! Well, I do, but just not like that. He just tries way too hard to impress me and he's such a jock sometimes. Ugh! He's just not my type." I said as Ben simply shrugged his shoulders.

But you've got to admit, he is really attractive, though.