The Tour Part 2

After the tourney team was finished practicing, Ben noticed us sitting on the bleachers and ran up to us to see how we were doing.

"So I'm guessing the tour went well then, Trinity's not too much to handle for the two of you?" Ben asked playfully as Jay put his arm around me.

"Nope, she's a wonder to be around. Isn't she just swell, Carlos?" Jay asked him as he looked up at him since he was on the bleacher above and behind us.

"Yeah, she's . . . really g-great, I guess." he said as he smiled and looked down at his dangling feet and blushed lightly.

"Well I have to get to class. I'll see you guys later." Ben said and began to run off as I gave him a wave good bye and he disappeared inside of the school.

"If you don't get your arm off of me right now, I will punch you square in the face!" I told Jay as he quickly pulled his arm away from my shoulders. I get the feistiness from my mom.

"Well someone's a little bit more rotten to the core than they want us to believe." Jay said with an eyebrow raised and nudging me with his elbow.

"What do you mean 'rotten to the core'? I'm not rotten and don't think I'm a goodie-two-shoes either. We all fall in between good and evil. Some are more one thing than others but we always fall in between. It's what makes us human." I scolded. I'm more of a goodie-goodie myself, but I'm not all good. Sometimes when I'd bring Monte' around school with me, I'd slip him down Audrey's back or put him in Chad Charmings' book-bag. Now that's funny!

"Now, since that concludes our tour, I think we should head back to your dorms." I told them as we got up and started walking across the field.

"So, are your parents ok with you coming here?" I asked the two of them as they both nodded yes.

"What are you're parents like?" Carlos asked me.

"Well, my mom is a really good cook and she's really nice. And my dad is constantly flirting with my mom even though they're already married." I said as I giggled a bit to myself. "My mom used to tell me stories about how she and my dad first met and the adventures they had together." I continued on as they both seemed to look sad over time. "What's wrong?" I asked them as I stopped walking.

"Oh nothing. It's just that our parents only told us stories about hatred, revenge, or vengeance against their enemies." Jay said.

"Yeah." Carlos added in. "It doesn't make a very good bed time story." he said and looked down at his feet again. Most of the rest of the trip was mere complete silence.

"Well, you guys should hear my parents' story at Family Day, coming up pretty soon, actually. You guys can listen to my mom tell their story and listen to my dad go on and on about how much he loved my mom." I told them as we got to their dorms.

"I'd like to hear it some time." Carlos said as he blushed a little bit.

"Another time, Carlos. Like I said before, you'll probably hear it at Family Day anyway. Also I just want you to know that dinner is in the dining hall in about-" I said as I went to reach for my phone in my back pocket to check the time, but realized it wasn't there. I checked the other one, but it wasn't in that one either. I even checked the front ones and it wasn't there, either! I began to panic as I heard Jay begin to chuckle.

"What are you laughing for?! This isn't funny!" I told him as he started laughing out loud.

"Jay, give it back to her." I heard Carlos say as I turned around to look at him.

"Did you steal my phone?!" I asked him in an angered voice.

"No, I was just borrowing it. It's not considered stealing if you plan on giving it back to the person you took it, uh I mean borrowed it from." he said as he handed me the phone and I turned it on to see what time it was. It was approximately 4:00.