The Date/Comforting Carlos

After school, I met up with Carlos at my dorm. He was late, but hey, everyone is sometimes. Audrey wasn't there since she had a dress fitting for the coronation. When I told Ben about our date, he was so excited that he gave me a bunch of food just for the occasion. Since he and I both knew that Carlos was obsessed with sweets and candy, that's basically what our dinner was. When he knocked on the door he was wearing a black tux sort of jacket with a white t-shirt, a red tie, black leather shorts, and combat boots. I opened the door and gave him a kiss on the cheek. As he walked in, he inhaled the sweet scent of cake and chocolate.

"Mmm. I bet this is going to be good." he said with a smile on his face. We began eating and talking and laughing, but I wanted to get to the real reason why I brought him out here. I wanted to make sure that he was alright from all of the torture he had gotten back on the Isle of the Lost.

"So, uh, Carlos, I wanted to ask you, what's your mom like?" I asked.

"Oh, you don't want to hear about that." he said putting a piece of chocolate in his mouth.

"Yes I do. I told you about my parents, why don't you tell me about yours. We've been dating for about half a month, at least tell me something." I begged putting a hand on his.

"I guess you're right. Where do you want me to start, my early life, life on the Isle, the present. You n-name it." he said looking a bit nervous.

"Well, just start from the beginning. Like when you were born. You actually haven't told me a lot about yourself since we met." I said giggling a bit.

"Okay, well, I was born on October 1, 2001 in the Dragon Hall hospital. By the time I could walk and speak in full sentences, my mother forced me to do her bidding non stop. I had to do almost everything for her because she was too lazy to do it herself. Since I didn't have much of a social life, I spent the little spare time I had studying and practicing my school work. That's how I became incredibly smart. I even had to do the humiliating job of doing my mother's laundry. When she got on my nerves too much, since I was too scared to actually talk back or confront her, I would always hum the catchy tune of Roger's infamous song about her just for the joy of seeing her go into hysterics because of how much she hates it." he said which made me giggle a bit at the last part, but listening to the fact that his own mother treats him like this is horrible to hear.

"Have you ever met your dad?" I asked.

"No, but it's probably for the best anyway. I mean, it's not like anyone in this world loves me at all. He'd probably just reject me the moment he saw me. My own mother doesn't even love me, so what's the point." he said with his head held down in shame. I couldn't believe that he was really treated like this by his own mother. "Why doesn't she love me?" he said and began to cry, burying his face into his hands. He was making me so sad. So, I hugged him, and he hugged back as I felt the hot tears hit and run down my back. We just sat there for a while until I continued on.

"Well, I love you more than life itself. Mal, Evie, and Jay love you to a great extent, too. There are more people in this world who love you than you think." I said, not letting go of him for anything as Monte' just stared and watched the whole thing like it was a movie. "Carlos, look at me." I said releasing from the long hug and tilting his chin up with my right index finger so that I could see his face since his head was hung down in sadness. "You are a dashing, kind, thoughtful, funny, and extremely smart young man. If Cruella can't see that, then she's nothing but a stupid, crazy, old hag who doesn't know anything about love and probably never will. And I don't want anyone to ever tell you that you're not anything otherwise unless it's anything positive about you." I said which put a big smile on his face and he instantly stopped crying.

"Thank you so much! Before I came to Auradon, I thought that I was never gonna find true love, or even any kind of love at all. And now I did, I found it in you, Trinity." he said and wiped away the last of his tears and looked directly into my big bright green eyes with his deep chocolate brown as he took both of my hands in his. "And now, I'd like to return the favor." he said and began to lean in slowly, not taking his eyes off of me for one second. He was starting to make me nervous. I was sitting up against the backboard of my bed and I couldn't go anywhere.

"C-Carlos, what are you doing?" I asked, his face inches away from mine.

"This . . ." He simply said before our lips crashed together. I didn't know how to react and nearly panicked, but I kissed back anyway. Of course, he had chocolate all over his lips which made it even better and much 'sweeter'. I felt fireworks going off! Butterflies were fluttering around, infesting my stomach! I tilted my head to deepen the kiss and we eventually laid down on my bed rubbing each other's hair and backs, with me on top of him, enjoying the heat between us. Our kiss turned into a short make out session which lasted for about 6 and a half minutes until I pulled away before we could go too far for my liking.

"Wow!" we both said in unison with our eyes wide open.

"That was my first kiss!" I didn't know what else to say!

"Mine, too. Did you like it? I know I did!" he said as if he was the happiest boy alive.

"It was wonderful, Carlos!" I said and kissed him again. "Well, we might need to get going soon. The tourney game's supposed to start in an hour." I said. We both stood up off of my bed.

"You're right. I'll help you clean up." he said and walked into the bathroom to get a trash bag. As we cleaned up, I couldn't help but keep looking at him. I was so happy and in love with him that it was making me act weird. I loved him so much, and I knew he felt the same, probably even more, for me!