Their Parents

Nearly a week after the events of the tourney game, it was a few days before Family Day and I was really excited. I haven't seen my parents since the beginning of the school year and I couldn't wait to see them again! About an hour or two after school, while I was in my dorm, tuning my ukulele, someone knocked on the door. When I opened the door, Fairy Godmother was standing there.

"Oh, there you are, Trinity. I was looking all over campus for you." she said walking inside.

"Hi, Fairy Godmother." I greeted her as I shut the door.

"I just wanted to ask you if you could help me with the villain children tomorrow during Remedial Goodness 101." she said with a very wide smile.

"Of course, but why do you need my help?" I asked.

"Well, it's more of a support kind of thing. You don't seem to be bothered by them so I figured you could help me. Their parents agreed to let them have a video chat for Family Day since they can't be there." she explained.

"Oh, I see. I'll be there bright and early. You can count on me." I said with a smile.

"Well, then I'll see you there." she said excitedly, gave me one of her bone crushing hugs, and said goodbye, walking back out.

I sat back down on my bed and started to practice playing my ukulele again. I started playing the tune to the song 'When We're Human'  that she, my dad, and 'Uncle' Louis the talking alligator sang together. I even began singing along to it eventually.

I played and sang it at my best until I heard the door open as Mal and Evie walked in slowly. I stopped playing and quickly put my ukulele away. I don't like playing it in front of people. It makes me nervous.

"Wow, T. I didn't know that you could play the ukulele like that!" Evie said amazed. I thought she was going to say something else like how horrible I was at playing it like how Audrey always said to me when I played it around her.

"You really think so?" I said wiping a section of hair out of my face.

"Of course. In fact, it's literally R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!" she said imitating Ben's voice, reanimating the scene from the tourney game. I giggled a bit. "Don't try and hide your true talents. You're a natural!"

"Yeah, you are pretty good, but we came by because Ben just asked me out on a date." Mal said nervously. I guess she's never been on a date before.

"Well first, we have to find you an outfit to wear." I said with a gleam in my eye.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about a half an hour, we finally found the right outfit for her.

"Now, look at yourself. Go ahead, say it." Evie said with a smile and rested her head on Mal's shoulder.

"It's . . . not hideous." she said with a chuckle.

"Now you get out there and go knock him dead!" I said as we all heard a knock at the door. Mal went to go answer it and of course, it was Ben.

"For once, I actually know the difference between pretty and beautiful." he said with a big smile and waved to Evie and I. "I hope you like bikes." he said and held out a bike helmet to her. They walked out of the room as Evie and I went up to the door and shut it as quietly as possible not to interrupt their moment extremely happy for Mal wishing her luck.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. After Evie left,  I began to play my ukulele until Audrey came back with puffy, red eyes, a mega bad hair-don't going on, and bags under her eyes. And I swear, her bags had to have bags!