The Truth About Carlos

After last night, I was super tired and my body hurt so much. I woke up rather early, but I managed to force myself out of bed and do my morning routine anyway. Audrey was still asleep once I got fully dressed. I picked up my book-bag, patted Monte' on the head, and headed out the door. I went down to the dining hall to get some breakfast. Not a lot of people were there yet. Then, I saw Jay walk in. He got his food and sat down next to me.

"So, I heard you and Carlos are dating now, correct?" he said with an eyebrow raised.

"Um, yeah. Did Carlos tell you?" I asked.

"Duh, who else?" he said as we both giggled. After about five minutes, I spoke up again.

"Jay, I really want you and the rest of the gang to think about becoming good. I mean, do you really want to become like your dad or any other person on the Isle? Look at what happened to all of those villains. Is that really what you want to become?" I asked looking concerned.

"You do have a point, but it just scares us to think about what our parents might do to us if we don't do what they say." he said looking down.

"Jay, your parents made their choice. You don't have to be like them. And I don't have to be like my parents, either." I said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Well, I'll think about it." he said and we both chuckled.

"Hey, I don't mean to be rude, but what are your parents like?" I asked.

"Well I never knew my mom, but my dad's cool in an evil sort of way. Me and him have more of a business kind of relationship more than a father-son relationship. It's been like that ever since I was about five years old. I'd always have to bring him stuff that I stole from everyone else on the Isle and then he'd sell it in his shop. If I came home empty-handed -" he paused and made an imitation of him slicing his neck and pretending to be dead as I laughed a bit.

"What about Maleficent, the Evil Queen, and Cruella de Vil?" I asked him once more.

"Well, the Evil Queen is the nicest out of all of our parents, but she doesn't really let Evie have the spotlight. She's basically always been telling Evie that she's not beautiful enough and that she'll probably never be as pretty as her." he said. "Maleficent's okay, but she's always been telling, Mal that she's not good enough and that she needs to be more evil. In fact, Maleficient named Mal after her, but wont call her by her full name until she can prove herself to be as good, or bad, I guess, as her." he continued.

"And Cruella?" I asked. I felt as if he was hesitant from telling me about how she treats Carlos.

"Cruella? She's the worst out of all of our parents. She treats Carlos far worse than any of our parents treat us. She treats him more like a dog rather than her son, or even a person for that matter. She abuses him and forces him to do her laundry, cook for her, clean their house, touch up her roots, fluff her furs, and even scrape the bunions off her feet." he said as we both shuddered in disgust. "In fact, he used to have a black and white tuxedo cat named Beezlebub that he got from Evie's sixth birthday party. That little kitten meant everything to Carlos because it showed him the affection that his mom didn't. She hated it so much that she took it away from him, killed it, skinned it, and turned it into a vest." he said and I put my hand over my heart just thinking about what he felt like when he found out that his cute little cat was turned into an ugly vest. "It's really sad. I don't know if he's told you or not, but she loves her furs more than she loves him."

"He knows that?" I asked in shock and he nodded his head 'yes'. "That's horrible." I said as I saw Carlos, Mal, and Evie walk in. They got their food and sat down at our table with us. To be more specific, Carlos sat next to me, of course.

"Hey, beautiful." he said and kissed my cheek. I instantly just gave him a hug out of nowhere, not knowing what I was doing at the time. "Uh, I-I love you, too." he said confused, but he hugged me back anyway.

"Hey, do think you could not do that in front of me, I'm trying to eat here." Mal said in disgust. I pulled away from Carlos and started eating my food once again.

"Meet me in my room after school for dinner. I have something special planned for us." I whispered to him.

"You bet." he whispered back. It's just really scary to think that your own mother doesn't even love you. I just want to hold him my arms and tell him that I love him forever and ever.