Cheerleaders

After school, it was time for cheerleading practice. I went into the locker rooms and changed into my cheerleading outfit. I ran out onto the field and saw Carlos sitting on the bleachers waving and cheering for me as we got ready just as he promised.

"Whoo, go Trinity! Yeah, that's my girl!" he shouted.

"Is he seriously cheering for her?" I overheard Audrey say to Ally, daughter of Alice from 'Alice in Wonderland'.

"He's simply mad, even more than the Mad Hatter!" she whispered back as they both started laughing. I just tried to ignore them and went back to doing my stretches.

We did our warm-ups and then started practicing the actual cheer together.

"F-I-G-H-T! What does that spell? Fight! Fight! Fight!" we all said together and did the cheer.

Then, we started doing stunts like pyramids and flips. Then it was my turn for me to do the part when they threw me up in the air and catched me. They lifted me up, flipped me over and I went turning in the air really fast until-

BAM! They didn't catch me and I fell right onto the cold hard ground on my back.

I must've passed out for a moment because everything went black for a second, but then when I woke up, everyone was gone except for Carlos who was running up towards me. "Trinity, are you okay?!" Carlos asked as he helped me stand up.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine. It happens all of the time." I said trying to walk off the pain. And I wasn't lying with the 'it happens all of the time' thing. They literally do that to me at every practice!

"Trinity, this is not okay! They literally just let you fall onto the ground and you could've gotten seriously hurt! Maybe even put into a coma if you fell that hard, or worse!" he said while rubbing my back and holding my hand, still trying to help me walk.

"Carlos, I understand you're worried about me, but you don't have to be. I go through that every, single practice, and I'm used to it." I said and stood up straight. "I get what you're trying to do and I love you just as much, but you don't have to be so over protective." I said and gave him a little kiss on the cheek.

"Well, okay. If you say so T. But I'm still going to say something to them and the coach about it, and if that doesn't work, I'll report it to Fairy Godmother if you don't do it first." he said putting his arm around me.

"Okay. Just don't over do yourself for me." I said.

"I promise I won't. But don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna protect you. Anyway, I have to go take Dude out for a walk, I'll see you later, okay." he said taking his arm off of my shoulders and facing me.

"Sure, I'll see you later." I said to him.

"Okay, bye, and remember, don't let them hurt or bully you, alright?" he said and kissed my forehead.

"Right, bye." I said and he waved back at me as he jogged off into the distance.

I walked through the school and ran into Fairy Godmother. "Oh hello there, Trinity." she said as she started walking up to me.

"Hello, Fairy Godmother." I greeted her with a wave.

"Hey, I saw how you came into my class with Jane this morning to come bring the papers to me and I just wanted to thank you. I know how much Jane can be scared by the smallest things and even be a bit judge mental at times and I'm really glad that you're helping her with this." she said and hugged me tightly. "Oh yes, I also want you to know that I saw what happened during your cheerleading practice, earlier and that all of the girls that took part in the action will have surprise detention for the rest of the week. "

"Your welcome, Fairy Godmother. And thank you for recognizing and looking out for me." I said and waved goodbye to her and walked off. I walked back to my dorm and Audrey was sitting on her bed texting supposedly Ben.

"So, how'd you like your little surprise today at practice?" she said as she looked up from her phone and laughed. Anger began to boil inside of me and finally, I couldn't hold it in anymore!

"What is your problem?!" I yelled at her losing my temper making her flinch. "You have treated me like this for the past 8 years, and for what?! What did I ever do to you to deserve such treatment?! You just love hurting other people, don't you?! Both physically and verbally! I have treated you and all of the other people in this school with nothing but respect, kindness, generosity, and more, but do any of you return the favor?! No! You just go and laugh around and gossip with your friends and ruin other people's lives like it doesn't even matter! I don't have merely as many 'friends' as you do, but at least I know that the ones I do have care about me and that they're genuine! Doesn't that mean anything to you?!" I asked looking concerned at the end. She looked at me like she was about to cry.

"I am so sorry. I had no idea how horrible I made you feel. I just wanted to get more attention from Ben. Ever since elementary school you and Ben were always the best of friends and I was always just the third wheel. Plus, you were always so caring and kind to everyone and you were always the center of attention. I was so jealous of you that I began to spread rumors about you to all of the other kids in school, especially Ben, so that they'd all like me and want to be my friend instead of yours. Then, I got carried away and began making people start to bully you and make you look bad so that it would make me look good. Please forgive me!" she said and started crying her eyes out. Now look, I know I hated Audrey, but I couldn't just leave her there crying and thinking she was a horrible person. (Even though at certain times, I started to question myself.)

"Listen, Audrey, you're not a horrible person. You just need to stop bullying people, is all." I said rubbing her back as she looked up at me with rivers of mascara and tears pouring from her eyes. I really need to get her some waterproof mascara.

"B-but h-h-how?" she stuttered.

"Well, just try to give people a chance, like Mal. She's not so bad once you get to know her. Sure, she can be a bit stand off-ish and sarcastic at first, but she means well. I know that her mother did all of that stuff to your parents and grandparents, but you said it yourself, it's water under the bridge." I said as she began to stop crying.

"You r-really think that'll work?" she said.

"I know it will." I said giving her a genuine smile and a hug and she surprisingly hugged back.

"Thank you Trinity." she said and I thought I might never hear those words come out of her mouth throughout my entire life time. Maybe after all of these years, she really is changing her point of view on things. And it'll all be because of me!