Shopping

Madys Pov

My mother grabbed my arm and we disapperated into an empty alley, scaring the hell out of a few pigeons.

I followed her out of the alley and we walked along the sidewalk for a few minutes. Soon we got you a store that said Jane's Boutique in pink letters.

Mom pulled me into the store and dragged me over to a rack of dresses. The one she stopped at was light purple. It was strapless and had a bow on the side.

She pulled out a size six and gave it to me. Taking Sam out of my arms she pushed me towards the changing rooms.

"Try it on fast so we can get out of here." She whispered. I didn't try it on fast, in fact, I looked at myself in the mirror for awhile before walking out to show my mom.

She was sitting on a bench looking slightly nervous but she smiled when she was me. "You look so beautiful it's like you're a whole new person. The dress takes attention away from your other features."

She showed me a pair of black heels. "I found these while you were changing. They'll look great with your dress."

"How am I supposed to walk in those they're practically stilts." I asked

"Oh you'll figure it out." She said and grinned. We walked up to the cashier and I paid for my stuff.

My mum had completely forgotten how much she hated muggles. We walked along the street stopping in every boutique and jewelry store we came across.

She froze when she came across a dress in the window of a shop, it was light blue and had a sparkly strap across one shoulder. In the front it ended just above her knees but in the back it stopped at her calves.

"Do you want to get it?" I asked her. She nodded her head and smiled at me like a little kid. I took her hand and we walked inside together.

She picked out her size, handed me Sam and walked into the dressing room. I waited for her to come out and when she did, she looked so happy.

I grinned at her, "You look amazing" I said. She twirled around and laughed. "I'm gonna get it." It was like she was making up for a childhood she never had.

She changed back and we bought the dress. I had three piercings in each ear and we bought diamond studs for each one.

She dragged me into a jewelry store and spent an hour in it. I wasn't really a jewelry person, but there was one muggle necklace that I loved. It was a silver chain and it had circular charms on it.

You could choose the amount of charms you wanted and get the names of people you loved engraved on the.

The shop owner gave me a sheet of part to write names on. Lily was the first one on the list, then Sammy and Mikey, I decided to put Alice on there to.

The people I struggled with were my parents. Until today I thought my mom hated me and the feeling was mutual. I still knew my dad hated me and I didn't think that would ever change.

I chose to put down my mom's name. Helena VanCourt. It only took a few minutes for the machine to finish the engravings.

My mom chatted with the shopkeeper while we waited. I don't think I've ever actually seen her talk to a muggle before.

I put it on as soon as it was done. She smiled at me like I always saw other mom's do. I never thought she'd do it though.

We walked down town and bought iced cream at an ice cream parlor. We were sitting at the high top  chairs when she said something that I never thought I would hear her say. "Y'know, muggles aren't all bad. I've never actually talked to the before, my parents always said they were barbaric, dumb creatures. But in some ways, they're a lot like us."

I smiled for the millionth time today. "Don't tell your father I said that." She warned me.

"I won't, I promise."

A/N So I know this chapter is really, really short but I thought this was a nice way to end it. I had so much fun writing this chapter because Mady was so fricken happy and she never is.  Soon all the other purebloods are gonna come over her house though so that might screw things up.