Summer Holiday

I left the art supply store in Diagon Alley with multiple bags in my hand. I'd just gotten my first paycheck and wanted to get something special.

I walked down the almost empty street and nervously ran my fingers through my hair. In two days I was going to go back to my old house and get my stuff.

It was nerve racking. I hadn't seen my family since Christmas and I didn't want to go back. I got butterflies in my stomach and my legs turned to jelly just thinking about it.

A small alley right off Diagon Alley led to my flat I shared with Andy. The building was small so I'm pretty sure there was an extension charm on it. It was gray and had a white picket fence.

It was a pretty big flat and I knew the landlord so he said we'd get the first months rent free. It had a kitchen, a living room, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms.

In three months I'd have it all to myself because Andromeda was moving in with Ted as soon as she had the baby. According to the doctor, she couldn't move while she was pregnant because it was too stressful.

I walked up three sets of staircases (the elevator was broken), and unlocked the door to our flat.

Andy used magic to decorate it and it looked great. The living room was white and looked like it had come out of one of Andy's home DIY magazines.

My room was in a loft and had a lot of wood paneling. Andy's room was mostly white and it was on the first floor.

I walked up the loft stairs to my room and set the bags down on the floor. I kicked off my shoes, stripped down to my underwear, and threw on a crop top.

I laid down on my bed and crawled under the covers. I lay there until I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

I woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. I glanced over at my clock and realized it was two thirty in the morning.

I knew it wasn't the landlord, he was only awake about 4 hours a day. I threw on some sweatpants and walked downstairs.

I heard the knocking again and looked through the peephole.

It was Sirius. He was soaking wet from the rain outside and had a bruise on his cheekbone.

I opened the door quickly and ushered him in.

"Sirius, what the hell happened?" I asked concerned.

"I got disowned."

I touched his bruise gingerly and he flinched away. "I'll be fine" he muttered.

"C'mon, I'll get you some ice."

He followed me into our kitchen and sat down on a stool. I walked to the freezer and grabbed some ice out of the ice maker. I wrapped it up in a towel and held it on his cheek.

"What happened?" I asked him quietly.

"They started talking shit about Andy and... you. I just sorta snapped and then they were all screaming about how I was a blood traitor and how I loved mudbloods and my mom hit me." He said in a small voice.

"I'll grab you a towel." I told him and rushed to the bathroom. I handed him the towel and he dried his hair.

"You can stay here for as long as you need." I offered.

"I'll only stay a day or two, normally I'd go straight to James but it was early and I didn't want to bother them."

"Your clothes are soaking, I think Ted left some clothes here, I'll go check."

"Wait-" he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him.

"When you left, did you feel... relieved. I feel bad about feeling relieved." He asked quietly.

"Don't feel bad Sirius, they were awful to us. We shouldn't few guilty for doing what's right."

I forced him to look at my eyes. "Promise me you won't feel bad about it."

"I promise." He murmured and leaned in closer to me. He put his hands on my waist and I stood on my tippy toes to get closer to his face.

He leaned down to kiss me but I moved away and hugged him instead.

I broke away awkwardly. "I'll go get you some different clothes."

"How about you keep hugging me."

"No you're soaking wet."

"You could be too." He said jokingly.

"Sirius!"

"What?!?" He asked laughing. I smiled and snuck into Andy's room. I creeped into her closet, grabbed a pair of sweatpants and dug around for something else of Ted's.

I couldn't find anything. I sighed and walked out of the room.

"I couldn't find a shirt, but I have some sweatpants that look like they'll fit you."

"So I get to walk around your house shirtless?" He asked. I looked at him exasperated, "that wasn't what I said but-"

"Remus owes me ten galleons." He said proudly.

"You had a bet?"

"we're a couple before James kissed Lily."

"We are not a couple, now go change!" I said. He smirked and walked over to the bathroom.

I stood in the kitchen, feeling extremely confused.

I thought back on all the years previous. He was a bully and he was overconfident.

He had changed though, he was nicer to the younger kids and played less harmful pranks.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when he emerged from the bathroom. Shirtless.

I had to admit, he was kinda hot. I tried to focus on his face and he laughed, sensing my discomfort.

"Uh... I'm gonna get you some blankets and you can sleep on the couch." I offered.

He put his hands on my waist and smiled, "or I could sleep in your bed." He grinned; I laughed awkwardly, "no, we just hugged, It didn't mean anything."

"Don't deny it, you love me."

"The answer is no."

"But you almost kissed me" He protested as I walked up the stairs.

"It's still no, I'm not even dating you."

"Madilin VanCourt, will you go out with me?"

I threw some blankets at his head and walked up the stairs.

"Goodnight Sirius."

"Night Mady."