On my own

Mady's Pov

Andromeda sat on my bed as I packed a duffle bag with stuff. We used floo powder to get back to the mansion and used on of the back staircases to get to my room.

"You shouldn't have followed me out." Andromeda said. "Andy, you're one of my best friends. I'm always going to help you."

"How are we going to survive on our own?" She asked me. "We'll get a room at the leaky cauldron for the rest of the holiday and when you graduate in spring we can get a flat. I have some muggle money but when school is out we should get jobs."

I finished packing my clothes, and got out my muggle money. I also packed my clothes and some toiletries. Just then, Miley burst into my room.

"What the hell have you done?" He asked. "Mum and dad just told me what happened, come downstairs and we can fix this."

"Even if there was a chance they'd let me stay, I wouldn't take it." I told him.

"Mady please, I'm begging you. Think of Sam." He said. "I'm thinking that you'll take care of him when I'm gone." I replied.

Miley swept me up in a big hug. "Please don't leave us." He said and squeezed me tightly.

"I love you." I told him, "but I have to leave."

"You're only fifteen, you can't live on your own." He protested.

"I'll be sixteen this summer, and I'm not on my own. I've got Andy."

"If you ever need anything, just tell me." He sighed. I kissed him on the cheek, grabbed my duffel bag, and walked out the door with Andromeda behind me.

We crept down the hall and walked down a small set of stairs. I opened a door to reveal a small office with a fireplace in it.

We grabbed a handful of floo powder, and before we knew it, we were in Diagon Alley. We asked for a room for the next seven days. I handed over a handful of galleons and we walked upstairs.

The two of us sat down on our beds and sighed. "This is a mess." I groaned. "What are we gonna do?" Andromeda wondered aloud.

"I'm pregnant! This is awful, how am I going to tell Ted?"

"I never want to be pregnant." I said.

"That's a good plan, morning sickness is the worst." She said and we both laughed.

"What are you going to name it?" I asked her. "You should do something really cool and unique."

"If it's a boy, maybe Augustus. I don't know about a girl's name." She paused for a minute, "I think Teds mother is named Nymphadora."

"Nymphadora? She'll have a rough childhood." I said.

"Oi! I think it's pretty." She said. We sat there in silence, I replayed the nights events in my head.

Andy passing out, the hospital fight, me leaving. I felt like I should cry or something, at least feel a tiny bit sad.

I didn't though, mostly I just felt relieved. Relieved and slightly guilty for feeling relieved.

"It's one in the morning, you should get some sleep." Andy said.

I sighed, "you're right." I changed out of my dress into pajamas and curled up under the blankets.

"Night." I told Andromeda, but she was already fast asleep.

The Next Day

I woke up and looked at the clock near my bed. It read six o'clock, the room was absolutely freezing. I got up and built a fire in the large fireplace.

I got changed into skinny jeans and a cozy sweater; and went downstairs to get breakfast.

The dining room in the inn was decorated with Christmas trees and light were strung around the room.

A young waitress walked up to me, "Merry Christmas dear, can I get anything for you?"

"Two mugs of hot chocolate and some toast would be great." I told her.

"Comin' right up." She said and smiled and went into the kitchen.

"I saw you and your friend check in last night. Where's your family hon?" She asked.

"They kicked us out." I told her as she emerged with the food. "On Christmas Eve? What could you have done to deserve that?" She asked shocked.

I wasn't sure Andy wanted me to tell her secret. "We'd just been fighting for awhile." I said, which wasn't untrue.

"Poor thing, who's your family?"

"I'm Madilin VanCourt, she's Andromeda Black." I said hesitantly. Our families weren't exactly well loved.

"Oh, you poor things." She said sympathetically. "It must be hard for you, all on your own. You can call me if you need anything."

I smiled at her gratefully. "Thank you."

"Anytime kid." She said.

I took the food and walked up the stairs to our room. I opened the door to find Andy throwing up in the toilet.

"Hey kid." She said grumpily, "what do you got?" She asked.

"Hot chocolate and toast, a Christmas feast." I said sarcastically and put the food down on the small table.

"What will we do about school?" She asked, "everyone is going to know about this. Maybe not me being pregnant, but they'll know about us being disowned. I'm in Slytherin, they'll hate me, every single one of them."

"Maybe you can be transferred to another house." I suggested. "We could ask Dumbledore."

She looked doubtful, "maybe, worst comes to worst, I could drop out."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that I said sadly. I walked into the bathroom and took a bottle of pills out of the cabinet.

"What's that?" Andy asked me while I read the label. "It's a muggle medicine", I filled up a glass of water and handed it to her with two pills. "Take em' they'll help."

She took the pills, "best Christmas ever", she grumbled miserably.

A/N hey guys! Do y'all think I should skip the rest of the school year and go to summer, or do a few more chapters during school? I don't have a plot for the school year so it would take forever to write one. I'm thinking of just skipping the rest of fifth year. Comment and tell me what you think.