We Go Shopping Again

I woke up from my nap and looked at the clock. It was three pm. I rushed out of bed, changed into some new clothes and hurried downstairs. Lily and James were sitting at the kitchen table and Sirius was asleep on the couch.

I walked over to the counter and poured myself a cup of coffee. "So how mentally stable are you right now?" Asked James bluntly.

Lily slapped him on the arm, "you've got to be kidding me James."

"I'm just asking", James tried defending himself. "I'm fine", I said, "I just want to get back to Hogwarts."

"Only one more week to go." Said Lily. "Soon we'll be back and everything will be okay."

"I need to get away from all of this. I can't take it anymore, I want schoolwork to focus on." I said and I smiled at James's and Lily's shocked stares. "Did Madilin VanCourt just ask for homework?" Said Lily.

"Yeah, who are you and what have you done with Mady?" Asked James jokingly.

"I'm serious guys." I said. "We should all go out and get our books and stuff today."

They both agreed and continued eating breakfast.

"James, you can borrow some of Sirius's clothes and I'll lend Lily some of mine." I said once everyone was done with breakfast. James walked over to the couch and shook Sirius until he woke up and Lily followed me upstairs to my room.

"So... Sirius? Really?" Lily said once we had gone upstairs. "What are you talking about?" I asked innocently.

"Last night when you broke down crying and he comforted you."

"We're just friends." I said and she smirked. "I'm not blind Mady, I know something is going on between you two." She said.

"Well I'm not blind either, I know something is up with you and James." I said and she started blushing. "Just because I don't completely despise him doesn't mean that I like him." She said and tried to hide her blushing.

We both grinned and I started sorting through my clothes to find something for her. I threw a shirt at her and she picked it up gingerly. "Mady is this even a whole shirt?' She asked me.

"It'll look great on you." I said, "I bet James will love it too."

"You realize that makes me want to wear it even less." She said.

"Just try it on Lily." I said and we both giggled. I missed times like these. When I didn't have to worry about Voldemort, or my job, or paying the rent.

I turned back to my closet and started sorting through my clothes for something I could wear as Lily tried it on.

"Can you two hurry things up a bit?" Sirius shouted from downstairs.

"You can't rush perfection." I shouted back.

Lily and I both laughed and I started to get dressed. Once we finished, we walked downstairs and joined up with James and Sirius.

I grabbed my purse and keys and we headed toward the door.

We walked down Diagon Alley and Lily and I ran around looking at the shop windows like little kids.

"Why are you two so excited?" James asked.

"I haven't had enough money to buy myself anything in months. I spend everything I make on the rent." I said.

"How do you pay for school supplies?" Asked Sirius.

"The school gives me financial support."

"Oh"

We continued walking down the street, buying what we needed for the upcoming school year. The boys had to practically drag Lily and I out of the bookstore and I spent ages looking at cats.

At the end of the day we all collapsed on my couch. Lily and I got really invested in a muggle medical drama and James hated every second of it.

"Y'know, I started out hating this show but now that the evil twin has shown up its getting good." Sirius said.

"I can't believe Santana is dying of cancer. She just got married to Mark." Lily said.

"I can't take this anymore." James got up. "I'm gonna go get some food."

I smiled and leaned against Sirius. He put his arm around me and for once I didn't stop him. "How are you holding up gorgeous?" He asked me in a whisper so Lilly wouldn't hear.

"I'm okay I guess." I replied. "I'm just glad I have you."

"I never thought I'd hear those words come out of your mouth." He joked.

"Well I never thought you'd change this much." I said and he pulled me even closer to him.

"Now that I have you I'm never letting go."

"I'm okay with that." I said.