Family Reunion

I woke up to the annoying chirping of my alarm. Ugh I had an early shift at the café where I worked.

I got dressed in high waisted shorts and a crop top. Thankfully the manager didn't care much what we wore as long as we looked like we ran a hipster blog on tumblr.

I threw on my fake, target brand Vans and a beanie. Downstairs, a flustered looking Sirius was explaining why he was on the couch to Andy.

"It's ok Andy, he got disowned and I let him in last night."

"Well why is he shirtless."

"I couldn't find anything of Ted's."

She sighed and walked back into her room. "I'll be right out, let me get changed."

I grabbed a frying pan out of the cabinet and started to make scrambled eggs.

Sirius meandered over and tried to strike up conversation. "So she's very pregnant." He said awkwardly.

"That's not the best way to start a conversation."

"Yeah, well I never learned about manners."

I laughed, "I highly doubt it."

I finished making the eggs and put them on two plates. I handed one to Sirius and one to Andy as she walked out of her room.

"I'm going to work, I'll be back at noon with clothes and groceries." I grabbed my purse and walked out the door.

I walked down the stairs and along Diagon Alley. I saw some first years, getting their school stuff early and a lot of older kids hanging out in little nooks and corners.

The Alley was colorful and full of life. All of a sudden I felt something grab my leg. I looked down.

It was Sam. He was only a little bit older but it seemed like he'd aged years.

"Mawdy?" He said and grinned. "I miss you very a lot." I bent down and picked him up.

"Where's mommy and daddy?" I asked.

"Lost. It was a dark store so I got scared and ran."

Knockturn Alley. I couldn't believe it, they took my two year old brother into Knockturn Alley.

Were they insane. They were lucky he wasn't kidnapped.

"Do you want to come to work with me? I can't help you find them now but I will after."

He shook his head yes.

I thought about looking for them now but Sam was safe. What was a couple hours to them? They'd be worried and no other harm would be done.

Sam was heavier than when I last saw him. Not to mention the fact that he could walk.

I walked into the café from the back entrance and asked my manager if I could take a day off. She said yes, but I'd have to do a double shift tomorrow.

I held Sam close to my chest as I walked down Diagon Alley.

There were many ways to exit and enter the Alley. The most popular one was behind the Leaky Cauldron but I preferred a small, lesser known exit.

It looked like just a brick wall but it worked a lot like Platform 9 3/4. It opened up to a small alley on the other side of London.

I set Sam down and let him walk next to me. A few times I had to drag him away from dogs on
the street and other children that were his height.

I stopped inside the small general store where I bought most of the groceries. Andromeda was obsessed with eating organic things ever since she got pregnant and this was the only place they sold them for relatively cheap.

I grabbed some milk and bread, and a lollipop for Sam.

I then stopped inside the clothing store next to it. I grabbed a few pairs of sweatpants and some t-shirts that would probably fit Sirius.

As I was paying, Sam wandered off to play with a small stuffed animal.

"How old are you?" asked the guy working the cash register.

"16, why?"

"I was just wondering... he isn't your kid is he?"

"No, he's my little brother." I explained quickly.

"Where are your parents?" he asked me.

"Oh, they aren't really living with me anymore. He lives with them... I don't." I said hesitantly.

He nodded his head, in understanding. I grabbed my stuff and picked up Sam.

"Mady, why are you not at home anymore?" he asked me.

I stayed silent for a little while. "Daddy and Mommy and I got in a fight. We don't agree on somethings."

"But why do you have to leave?"

"That's just how the family is." I tried my best to explain.

I held him tight as we walked toward the entrance to Diagon Alley.

The streets were cheerful and alive with color but I felt terrified as I walked toward the flat. I knew what I had to do next. I was supposed to go back home tomorrow, go back to get my stuff.

But I was going back today. I had to even though the thought of it scared the crap out of me. Sirius was surprised when I showed up two hours early with my baby brother in my arms.

I explained what happened and he offered to go with me. The offer was tempting, but I declined. One unwelcome child was enough.

I used floo powder to get to the manor and within seconds I was standing in front of the large doors. It was overwhelming, memories flooded back to me, I saw an eleven year old Mikey chase a younger me across the yard. I saw my parents come home with newborn Sam in their arms. Family reunions and holiday parties flashed before my eyes.

Sam squirmed around and I was brought back to reality.

I raised my arm and lifted to big brass knocker. I knew that because of magic I could be heard all throughout the manor.

Seconds later, a familiar face opened the door. My mum, her tear stained face looked shocked. "Madilin? we weren't expecting you until... tomorrow."

Her eyes found Sam and within seconds she tore him out of my arms. "Oh my god, I can't believe you found him, I was so worried." She cried.

"Come on in" I was surprised but I followed her inside. Into the place I once called home.

A/N hey guys! sorry I took forever to update but here it is.