Sneak Peek

Hey guys! Here's a sneak peek at the sequel. I hope you like it!

Prologue
•••••

Helena VanCourt paced the halls of her luxurious home

Helena VanCourt paced the halls of her luxurious home. The nerve of Madilin was infuriating. Her favorite child had been taken away from her and sent to live with a mudblood and a bloodtraitor. Just the thought of it made her sick to her stomach. In just one year, one of her children had left her and another had been taken away. She wanted them back. Both of them. Having a child taken away was heartbreaking, but having one leave by their own accord was just embarrassing.

She saw the looks of pity that everyone gave her and she was tired of them. She had worked too hard and sacrificed too much to be made a fool of in this way.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a mild burning sensation on her forearm. Her dark mark was glowing slightly so she steadied her breath and tried to calm the fire raging inside of her.

She was being summoned. The young woman hiked up her skirts and hurried toward the dining hall. Her shoes clicked loudly on the dark marble floors and as she walked through the halls she was joined by many other death eaters. Walburga Black emerged from one of the many guest rooms and joined Helena. Walburga was much older than her but they had been close friends for many years.

"Do you know what's going on?" Helena whispered under her breath. The older woman shook her head and they continued walking. When they reached the dining hall the two pushed past people and Helena unlocked the door with a key that looked older than the mansion itself.

She threw open the doors and walked into the cold hall with her head held high. Walburga admired that about her. For a woman who had lost two children, she was surprisingly collected. She watched Helena straighten and do her best to keep a calm expression on her face. Seeing the dark lord was still a shock for many of his supporters. Helena was better than most at keeping her fear in check.

Lord Voldemort was standing at the head of the table. His features formed a cruel smile that reached everything but his eyes. His irises were dark red and his pupils were hollow slits that conveyed nothing but the desire to create suffering and misery. His presence weakened the knees of many death eaters there. "Sit." He commanded curtly and the three dozen or so death eaters rushed to follow his orders. A few of his less devoted followers took their time. A small show of defiance and the desperate attempt to appear unafraid.

"I am so pleased to have you here Ms VanCourt." He spoke slowly. All eyes turned to Helena but she maintained her steely expression. "Why is that My Lord?" She asked, expressionless.

"We need to talk about your daughter."

•••••