Chapter 5

The next day, Hermione woke me up by jumping on me and splashed cold water on me. "Bloody hell, Hermione!" I yelled. "Language! Alvina!" Hermione scolded. "Besides, we're going to be late if you don't start getting ready. You don't want to be late for the first day of school, right?" She exclaimed. "Yea, of course." I mumbled sarcastically. I got up and went to the Great Hall with her. I took a sip of my pumpkin juice and read my schedule. "Today's not bad, outside all morning," said Ron, who was reading through the Monday schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures... damn it, we're still with the Slytherins... "Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned, looking down. I sighed. Divination is my least favorite subject. Professor Trelawney kept predicting something that never happen. "You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" said Hermione briskly, buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy." Or neither.

Herbology went by smoothly. We squeezed the Bubotubers to collect their pus. Squeezing the Bubotuber is oddly satisfying. Care of Magical Creature was a disaster. Hagrid introduced us to a creature called Blast-Ended Skrewts which look like deformed lobsters and burn people. The Slytherins, being their usual selves, are pricks and didn't do anything to help. During lunch, Hermione began to eat so fast, Harry, Ron and I stared at her in disbelief. "Is this your new way to show support house elve's rights?" Ron asked. "No, I got something else to do later. I'm going to be in the library. See you guys!" Then she departed in a high speed. I decided to ask her at the end of the day. My eyes searched through the Great Hall; Fred is nowhere to be seen. Why am I even acting this way? Fred is a great friend and company; nothing more. Yet, I feel a little empty not seeing him.

After lunch, we headed towards to North Tower for Divination. I let out a sigh as I sat down. "Good day," said the misty voice of Professor Trelawney right behind me, making me jump. "You are preoccupied, my dear," she said mournfully to me. "My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for you, . . . most difficult.. . I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass. . . and perhaps sooner than you think..." I gulped. Ok. That was unexpected; usually Harry is the one who get this kind of message from Professor Trelawney. Ron rolled his eyes and Harry looked surprise; probably thinking about the same thing as well. I guess I'm Harry II now. Ha... Professor Trelawney started talking about observing stars blah blah blah. I'm seriously considering dropping this class...Ron, Harry and I ended up having extra homework for falling asleep in her class. "Miserable old bat," said Ron bitterly as they joined the crowds descending the staircases back to the Great Hall "That'll take all weekend... "Lots of homework?" said Hermione brightly, catching up with us. "Professor Vector didn't give us any at all!" I chuckled dryly. Since I lost my appetite, I decided to skip lunch and went to the common room and work on divination homework. I'm not letting this old bat ruin my weekend. "Alvina!" My heart skips a beat, I recognized this voice. Fred came and sit next to me, it is rare for him to not have his twin around him. God...those hair and eyes...I can't help but melt into those. "Er- Alv? You alright?" Fred asked. I blinked. Crap. Get it together, Alvina Castillo! "Yea, totally. I'm just a bit bummed out because of Divination." "Ah...fell asleep again?" He laughed. I slapped his arms playfully. "Hey! I got extra homework for that!" I pouted. "Aw. I'll help." He offered. "Seriously? Aren't you suppose to worry about something more important? Like your O.W.L.S?" I raised my eyebrows. "Well, that can wait. Besides I haven't properly thank you for helping me and George our products for the joke shop!" I've been helping Fred and George inventing products for their future joke shop behind Mrs. Weasley's back. I usually do the casting spell part because I'm pretty good at it. So far I know the Ton Tongue Toffee is a success! Though Mrs. Weasley wasn't happy to learn that the twins used it on Dudley Dursley. "I'll be fine, Fred. Thanks for the offer though." I smiled. I don't want Fred to work on something unnecessary when he could use that time to work on the products. Yet, part of me want him to help me because I want him to spend more time with me..."Oh ok. Let me know if I can do anything for you. I'll see you around, Alv." Fried replied with a charming smile, but the amusement didn't reach his eyes. I nodded and start working on Divination; with the thought of Fred popping to my mind frequently. 

---

Vote/Comment/Share ?? :D