Chapter 17

My good mood is not affected by the heavy load of school work. Ron is still prying around me and Hermione; desperate to find out who're we're going with to the ball. It seems like Ron isn't the only person who is curious; George is being extremely nosy, too. "Alvinaaaa, who are you going with?" He asked, for the er- thirteenth time today. "You'll find out tonight" I simply stated. I'm still a bit annoyed with the incident he caused between me and Fred that night; yet secretly grateful he did, because it gives me a reason to move on from this silly crush on Fred. I eagerly unwrapped my Christmas presents; Harry got me a broom kit, Ron got me a bag full of sweets, Hermione got me books like Cheering Charms, Basic Hexes and Advanced Potion making, Fred and George got me some products from their future joke shop, Mrs. Weasley got me her usual knitted sweater with a letter A on it and Cedric got me a silvery necklace that has our initials on it. I unwrapped the last one; judging by its neat wrappers, it's probably from Severus. I unwrapped it, it's a picture book. It says: Marcus and Daniele Castillo 1966 – 1986. My heart beat speeds up, every cell beneath my skin feels like it's vibrating. Could this really be...? I turned the book with my shaky hands; pictures of my mom and dad came to view. They look so full of bliss and youth; and they're so in love. My mom's hazel eyes sparkles as my dad wrapped his strong arms around her protectively. My eyes watered; somehow I feel more completed with pictures of my parents; like a wound in my heart is slowly mending.

Hermione went to our room at five saying she's going to get ready for the ball. "Wait, you need three hours?" asked Ron. "Who are you going with?" he yelled, but she just waved and disappeared. "You're going to find out in three hours. Isn't that exciting?" I said sarcastically as Ron and Harry rolled their eyes. I strengthened up from my seat and went back to my room; I still haven't take a good look of my dress yet. I walked in my room and the unpleasant smell of Sleekeasy potion filled my nostrils. "Hermione? What on earth are you doing?" I asked; trying to waved the smell away. "What does it look like? I'm trying to make my hair stay sleek all night." She replied impatiently and got back to work again. I scanned around the room; empty bottles of the Sleekeasy potion is scattered around the room; yet Hermione's hair is still somewhat bushy. I decided to leave her alone and look for my dress. I recall putting it in my...er...I forgot. "Accio dress." I waved my wand and the familiar package flew across the room from a pile of my divination homework. "Should've take my advice and stay organized, right?" teased Hermione. I rolled my eyes, "Just go do your hair." I opened the package prudently, my jaw dropped in shock as I realized what Severus got me. It's an aqua blue dress with a clever touch of sparkles; the shiny, flowy satin draped to the floor as I tangled my fingers in the soft texture of the dress. I put it on excitedly; careful not to rip any part of the dress. The strapless bodice hugged my body perfectly; I twirl around, giving the atmosphere an exquisite feel. "Do you think this is en-" Hermione stopped in the middle of her sentence and looked at me in astonishment. "Oh my merlin! You look absolutely breath taking in this dress, Alv!" She squealed. I chuckled lightly, still not recovered from the shock. "Your hair looks fine by the way." I said sincerely. Hermione smiled and nodded. I searched for my heels and found a pair of dressy heels in the package Severus gave me, how thoughtful of him! She walked out of the bathroom with her dress; the radiant silk run down magnificently to the bottom of her feet; her intricate lacing made her a feminine illusionist which I'm sure every mortal will fall in love with her irresistible beauty. "What do you think?" asked Hermione nervously. "Bloody hell, you look a goddess! Krum is going to fall head over heel for you!" I exclaimed. She blushed, "You think so?" "Hell yea." I said confidently. Hermione laughed, "It's about time. Let's get going, shall we?" I nodded as we linked arms and left our room thrillingly. We have a big night ahead of us.

It turns out walking in heels is probably the hardest thing I've ever done; harder than memorizing all the dates in History of Magic. I unsteadily walk down stairs, clinging on Hermione as she cooed, "You're not going to fall, Alv. Chill." I immediately recognized Cedric in the crowd; his eyes fell on me as I cracked a smile. His opened mouth quickly turned into a grin. "Have fun." Hermione whispered in my ear and went for Krum. I clumsily walk towards my date; bumping into some people by accident. "Sorry." I muttered to a Ravenclaw girl as she jumped slightly when I held on her arms for support. Cedric walked over and draped his arms around my shoulder which I have been yearning for. "You alright, there?" he asked worriedly. "Walking on heels is just not my thing." I sighed in defeat. He chuckled, "Well, you look beautiful. This dress compliments your beauty." My face reddened, "You don't look too bad yourself." It's true, Cedric is wearing a simple, classy, black tuxedo; he looks stress free and contented. The entrance hall was packed with students, the usual black crowd transformed into colorful mass. "Champions here, please!" Professor McGonagall called. "Hold on to me." Cedric said. I hold on to, no, I cling on Cedric; not wanting to trip and make a fool out of myself in front of everyone. I saw Fleur Delacour; looking stunning in an elegant silver dress with Conor McLaggen; a douchebag Gryffindor, Hermione with Krum; which receives many loathing looking from Krum's fan club, and Harry with Parvati; they both look amazing. We were told to lined up with our partners and await for eight o'clock. Once everyone was settled; people applauded as we entered. I can't help but feel a bit self-conscious when I realized thousands pair of eyes were on me. Funny how I'm fine with people seeing me falling off my broom in a Quidditch game yet I would literally dig a hole and jump in it if I trip or step on Cedric in a dance. "Breathe, Alv." He coaxed me in a gentle manner as we continue to walk. "People are staring..." I replied. "At you. Because it's obviously their first time seeing an angel." Cedric answered with a smile. I smiled at his words. The music played as Cedric and I swayed to the beat of the music. I let out a laugh as he lifted me up with ease; spinning us around. I'm surprise I haven't trip myself yet; best to keep it this way the whole night. I glanced at Severus; he has been staring at me and gave me a small smile and looked away. There are some girls shooting me nasty looks; but most people just starred in admiration. I breathe in the thin air; feeling confident as ever. "You're a great dancer." I said to Cedric. He grinned, "Really? This is my first time." Wow. More and more pairs joined the dance floor; the champions were no longer the center of attention. "Um- Do you wanna eat?" I asked, feeling hungry and exhausted from all the dancing. "Sure." Cedric replied. He had his hands on my waist the entire time; sending electricity down my body. We chatted along as we dared each other to try on some strange, foreign food. "Here, try this." He pointed at a mushy, dark colored soup. I took a sip without hesitation, "Don't judge a food by its cover." I said, "It tastes alright; kind of like mash potato..." Out of nowhere; Weird Sisters (my favorite band) appeared on stage, and they're playing "Do the Hippogriff"! "This is my jam!" I shouted over the loud music and screaming. Cedric raised his voice to make audible, "Same!" He pulled me back to the dance floor as we exchange the goofiest dance moves.