Chapter 19

I feel someone's arms around me tightly as I spitted out water from mouth as "Diggory" being chanted repeatedly. My coughing caught Cedric's attention, "You alright, Alvina? Can you swim?" I nodded, being overwhelmed from what's happening. Where's Harry, Ron, and Hermione? Cedric pulled me out of the lake and wrapped a towel around me, "Thanks" I muttered. "Where are the others?" I choked out the words and some water as well. "They'll be fine." Cedric assured me, "I saw Harry, he was first to find you guys." I looked up and meet Cedric's eyes and quickly look away; I can't face him without getting bothered by what happened on Christmas. I saw Fleur Delacour clutching her towel anxiously, her sister is nowhere in sight. Krum and Hermione burst out the water with ease as applause echoed the field. "Hermione!" I called. Hermione broke into a smile as she rushed towards me. "Alvina! Oh my merlin! Thank god you're fine. Where's Ron and Harry?" she asked. Just then, Harry appeared at the shore with Ron and surprisingly, Fleur's sister. "Harry! Ron!" Hermione and I ran over. I offered Ron a hand and pulled him out of the freezing water. "Why did you bring her? Hermione asked. "Fleur didn't show up, I couldn't just leave her there." "Gabrielle!" called Fleur and she shoved people out of her way and came to us, "Thank you, she wasn't your yet you chose to save her." Fleur said and kissed Harry on the cheek (which is now in the shade of tomato) "And you." She turned to Ron, "You 'elped, too" She kissed him on the cheek as he stuttered, "Yeah...a bit" Hermione coughed awkwardly, "Did it take you a long time to find us, Harry?" she asked. "No...I found you guys-" he couldn't finish as Madam Pomfrey dragged him to the corner to check him. "Doesn't matter, Hermione. He found a way!" I said happily. "Ladies and Gentlemen," announced Dumbledore, "The chief of merpeople told us what happened at the bottom of the lake and we decided our points to the champions out of fifty." Everyone fell in silence, listening carefully, "Fleur Delacour demonstrated an excellent bubble head charm, however, she was attacked by the grindylows, resulted her not bringing her treasure back. We award her twenty five points." I clapped along with everyone. "Cedric Diggory," I tensed up as I heard his name, "also used the bubble head charm and came back first with his treasure, though he was one minute late; we award him forty seven points." Cheers and applauses took over; I politely clap for him, at the end of the day, he did save me. "Victor Krum used an incomplete form of Transfiguration but was surely effective. He returned second, so we award him forty points." Kakaroff clapped particular loud, looking prideful. "Harry Potter used Gillyweed for great effect." Said Dumbledore, "He returned last, and well outside the time limit of an hour. However, the Merchieftainess informs us that Mr. Potter was first to reach the hostages, and that the delay in his return was due to his determination to return all hostages to safety, not merely his own" We both give Harry a half infuriated and half commiserating look. "Most of the judges," continued Dumbledore, "feel that this shows moral fiber and deserves full marks...However, his scored forty five points!" I starred at Harry and laughed, "You thought the song was real?" "Hey, he was demonstrating moral fiber, not stupidity!" Ron said, biting his inner mouth to prevent laughing. Harry flushed. "The third and last task will occurred at dusk on June twenty fourth" announced Bagman, "The champion will be notified of what is coming precisely beforehand. Continue support your champion and school!"

"Alvina!" I sighed, knowing who's coming and reluctantly turn around. "Can we talk, please?" Cedric pleaded, his eyes full of melancholy. "I'll catch up to you guys later." I told Hermione, Harry and Ron. Hermione dragged Ron away before he can protest. "You have a minute." I said shortly to Cedric. He took a deep breath, "Look, that night...Cho kissed me first, I...just blanked out..." I looked at my feet, not wanting to make any eye contact with him, "I know you hate me now, but do we still have a chance? I really like you..." Cedric asked hopefully. I slowly looked up, his eyes burn into mine, "You don't get it, do you?" I laughed dryly, "You really like me, bloody hell I fucking loved you! You were my first love, first kiss..." Hot tears rolled down my cheek uncontrollably. "What you did wrecks my heart...You're just way out of my league...I think we should stay friends." Cedric looked at me with a mix of emotion spread across his handsome face: disbelief, disappointment, and misery. Mostly disbelief, I won't blame him, I just told him I loved him. "Bye Cedric." I said, not looking back.