Chapter 13

When I read Rita Skeeter's new article about the Triwizard Tournament, I finally understand what Harry meant. Much of the front page had been given over to a picture of Harry; the article had been all about Harry, the names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions (misspelled) had been squashed into the last line of the article, and Cedric hadn't been mentioned at all.

"I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now....Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it....I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament, because they're watching over me..."

This doesn't sound like what Harry would say...

Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is of seen with the company of one Alvina Castillo, a stunningly pretty girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school.

Found love my ass.

"Stunningly pretty? Huh." Said Pansy Parkinson. "What was she judging against- a chipmunk?"

"Hey Castillo. Since when are you the top students at school?"

"Castillo! Did you pay Rita Skeeter to put you into the article, you attention whore."

"Alvina!"

"WHAT!" I snapped and immediately regretted when I found out it was Cedric. "Sorry, I didn't mean to shout." I apologized. He smiled understandingly, "No worries. How have you been? You seem pretty stressed." I let out a dry laugh, "Yea, besides the fact that I have extra potion and charms work to do, false rumors that I'm trying really hard to ignore, and two people I really care are entering a dangerous tournament, everything else is just dandy." "Two?" he asked curiously. "You and Harry duh." I said. His smile grew bigger than it already is. My heart flutter. "Well, I'll help you with potion and charms homework." He kindly offer. I grinned, that doesn't sound like a bad idea," Sure, when?" "Tonight 8pm, I'll see you at the library." There is something I can finally look forward to.

The rest of the day consists me constantly thinking of Fred and Cedric, feeling bad about myself for having feelings for two people at the same time, wishing Hermione is here to advise me then getting called out by the teacher for not paying attention. I was dreading to go to the library and see Cedric; this is probably the first and last time I would rather be in the library than any other places in the world. It feels like forever when 8pm finally arrived. I walked into the library with bubbles of anticipation inside me. I can feel my nerves tingling like being tickled by a feather when I saw Cedric sitting next to an empty seat as he flashed me a pleasant smile. "Let's get started, yea?" I nodded, wondering if I would be able to focus if he's next to me. Somehow, we worked together really well; we finished all the work in 2 hours with nonstop goofing around and getting shush by Madam Pince. "So once I was being chased Filch after I dumped a bucket of frog kidney on his cat with Peeve, I took a turn at-""Alvina!" I was in the middle in the story with Cedric when Harry rushed in, panting. "Harry, what's up?" I asked smiling, but it dropped when I see a troublesome look on his face. He glanced at Cedric and me a few times until Cedric took the hint, "Oh, I'll leave you guys alone. It was nice studying with you Alvina..." He got up from his seat. "No, stay." Harry said quietly. I tilted my head confusingly, what's going on? "The first task is dragon." Said Harry. "What?" Cedric and I said at the same time. Dragon. "They've got four of them for each of us and we need to pass them." He continued quickly. "Are you sure?" Cedric said in a hush voice. "Dead sure." said Harry, "I've seen them." "But how did you find out? We're not supposed to know..." "Doesn't matter," Harry said, "But I'm not the only one who knows. Fleur and Krum will know by now- Maxine and Kakaroff both saw the dragons, too." I stared at Harry, unsure what to say. I never done any study with dragons before, this is going to be hard. Cedric straightened up, his arms full of parchments, books, and quills. He stared at Harry with a puzzled, almost suspicious look, "Why are you telling me?" he asked. "It's just...fair, you know?" he shrugged. Cedric nodded, "Thank you. Bye Alvina, I'll see you around." He gave me a small smile and left. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What the hell is going on?" "I'll tell you later, I have to talk to Sirius now." He said. I walked back to my room, thoughts occupied on how I can help Harry. Dragons, out of every magical creature, they chose those freaking dragons. I let out a frustrating groan as I entered my room. "Are you ok?" said Hermione. I gave her a small nod, the tension between us still hasn't cool down. Still, part of me wants to rush to her bed, hug her, cried in her arms, and tell her I miss her.