Chapter 20

"Crouch was mad!" Ron concluded after hearing what happened to Harry last night. "Good point, Ron! As if we haven't realized that yet? A normal, sane person wouldn't talk to a tree then stunned a person." I replied flatly. "It comes down to this," said Hermione, "Either Crouch attacked Viktor or someone else attacked both of them when Viktor wasn't looking." The four us gathered in the common room in the early morning to make sure no one ear drops. "It must've been Crouch! That's why he was gone when Harry and Dumbledore arrived." Said Ron. Harry shook his head," I don't think so, he was really weak, I don't reckon he can disapparate or anything." Hermione rolled her eyes, "How many times do I have to tell you, you can't apparate in Hogwarts." Ron's face suddenly light up, a wide grin spread across his face, "Okay. I have a theory. Krum attacked Crouch- and wait for it, then he stunned himself to make it look like someone attacked him!" "I hate to break this to you, detective Weasley. What about Crouch? He just evaporated?" I pointed out. "Oh yea..." Ron's face sunk, "Remind me what he said about You Know Who?" Harry sighed, "He said he was getting stronger." "He was insane, so it was probably just rubbish." I assured Ron when I saw his face paled. "He was sanest when he was talking about Voldemort." Said Harry as Ron winced at the name. "So about the third task..." I said trying to change the subject, "What is it?" "A maze." Harry stated simply. "Well, that's not bad." I smiled. "Yea...with lots of obstacles and Hagrid's pet, too." He said gloomily. My smile dropped. "Well, you're really good at defense against dark arts; you should be fine." I patted his back. "Right, Hermione?' I turned to Hermione, who was silently thinking. She looked up, "Let's go see Moody."

"Don't you think it's too early to visit a teacher?" I said. "Nah...he probably doesn't sleep, CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" Ron mocked Moody, "I bet he sleeps with one eye open." Harry knocked on his door, a few seconds later, the door cracked opened, "Hello, Potter." Growled Moody, "And Granger, Castillo, and Weasley. How can I help you in this early morning?" "We have a few questions about Barty Crouch, sir." Answered Hermione. Moody scanned around and said, "Come in here." "Did you find him professor" Harry asked the moment when we stepped into the classroom. "No," said Moody as he sat down and stretched his legs. "So he did disapparate?" asked Ron. "You can't disapparate on the grounds, Ron!" said Hermione, "There must be other ways he could've disappeared, aren't there, professor?" Moody took a sip of his drink from the flask and studied Hermione for a while, "Yes, and you should consider a career as an Auror; mind works in the right way." Hermione flushed pink with pleasure. Moody continued, "Now, Dumbledore told me you four fancy being detectives but this time, there's nothing you could do. The ministry will be looking for him now." He yawned, "Potter, remember, constant vigilance! As for you three," He looked at Ron, Hermione and I with his magical eyes rested on Harry, "You three can help him with the third task." We nodded. "Should be easy for you guys this time. Dumbledore told me you four been through stuff like this plenty of times."

For the next few days, we spent our free times practicing useful spells with Harry. "Rictusempra!" I targeted Harry with my tickle charm as he squirmed uncomfortably on the ground. "That's bloody amazing, Alv!" Ron exclaimed. "You should teach me that!" I grinned, "Sure." Harry got up breathlessly, "Stupefy!" as he stunned Ron on the hip. "Owwwww" he groaned, "How about we kidnap Mrs. Norris and make her the target?" Ron suggested, obviously fed off with being the target. "You could've stunned him back if you didn't miss." Hermione said. "I think Harry mastered stunning spell and disarming spell; it would be great if he learn some hexes from you, Alv." Hermione told me. I nodded, this is going to be fun.

Time passed by quickly, tomorrow is the third task of the tournament. I found myself practicing spells with Harry in an empty classroom at night. "Phew!" I turned side way to miss the cracker spell Harry casted, "You got it, Harry!" I said happily. Harry grinned, "All thanks to the master of charms!" I laughed, "Well, it's getting late. The last thing we want is getting detention. Get some sleep, Harry." He nodded, "Good night, Alv." "Night, Harry."

I am beyond bliss right now, I am going to confess my love to her. I pushed through the crowd looking for her. My eyes widened when I saw her, the only person I've ever loved, in another man's embrace. My heart drops and felt someone stabbed me in the heart. Love. Only a fool could believe in such thing. My fist clenched, anger took over my sanity; I raised my wand, "Avada Kerda-

"Alvina!" my eyes cracked opened as I saw Hermione looking at me anxiously; her forehand on my forehead which is beaded with sweat. "Bad dream?" She asked, still sitting on the edge of my bed. "Kind of." I mumbled. Those dreams are back again, making me tensed up. "You never really had nightmares before though." Hermione said worriedly. If only she was with me during summer. "Yea..." I sighed, "What time is it?" "6 in the morning." She replied. I sunk back into my bed and pull a blanket over me. "You do remember you have History of Magic exam today, right?" Hermione asked seriously. My heart jumped, as if I just missed a step when walking on stairs, "Shit! I forgot!" I really did, everything that has been happening these weeks are so overwhelming. Hermione rolled her eyes, "I knew it, I've been reminding you about exams these days but I still think there's a slight chance you might forget, so I gathered all my notes for you. You'll be fine." I looked at her in admiration, "You're the best, Hermione." She gave me a small wink and got off my bed.

Name four goblin leaders in the goblin rebellion. Damn it, I'm stuck on the last question and the fact that time seems to speed up doesn't help at all. Uh...I think there's one named Urg the Unclean...? Whatever, I'm going to put it down anyway. Goblins have weird names, to be honest. I think it's time to pull out my secret weapon, drum roll please. Make it up!

1. Urg the Unclean

2. Bingo the Bagel

3. Coco the chocolate

hmmm...I need one more...

4. Binn the Bean

I, Alvina Faith Castillo, is a bloody genius! Professor Binn is going love the last one! I chuckled as I turned in my paper. I walked out of the classroom humming a catchy song by the Weird Sisters, even though I started the day from the pit, it seems to be climbing back up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second place, with eighty points - Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in third place - Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"

Harry and Cedric entered first, then Krum, then lastly Fleur. People began wandering around their seats, chatting thrillingly. "I hope Harry is fine in there." Mrs. Weasley said. "Don't worry, mom." Said Ron as he took a bite of chocolate frog, "He fought dragons and merpeople! Hagrid's pet should be a piece of cake." I nodded in agreement. "Alv." Hermione leaned in and whispered, "Fred is staring at you." I looked across Ron, who is currently babbling about his experience this year with Bill. Fred quickly looked away and talked to George; I frowned, is this really end of our friendship? An hour passed, Fleur and Krum came back with severe injuries. I began to worry about Harry and Cedric, I hope they're not hurt..."They should be back by now..." Hermione said. I bit my lip, I felt a wave of heat hit me. My breath hitched, the flaming heat isn't going away. I screamed in agony, causing people to look at my direction. "Alvina, what's wrong?" I heard my name being called several times. I felt my body being stretched and twisted in the sickest way. What's happening to me?