Chapter 18

The next day, Ron has been rather cold towards me and Hermione. "What's up with you?" I said confusedly. "You guys were fraternizing with the enemy!" He said in as if it's a matter of a fact. "The enemy? Who wanted his autograph when Krum came? Who sleeps with a little model of him every night?" Hermione bite back. Ron's face grew redder, "Krum and Diggory are trying to get information about the egg! If you guys haven't realize yet, they're competing against Harry!" Hermione quivered, "For your information, Victor hasn't ask me a single question about Harry; not even one!" she shouted. I stayed silence, last night was a beautiful disaster and I can't get it out of my head. "Alv? You alright there? Don't let Ron bother you." Harry said to me. I simply nodded, thoughts continued drifting to Fred. "You know, Cedric tipped me last night about the egg..." Harry continued. "Really?" I said in surprise. "You don't know?" he raised his eyebrows. I sighed, people are going to find out anyway, "We're over, Harry, if that's what you were wondering." "Oh..." Harry frowned "Sorry." "Don't be." I sighed again. Ron and Hermione's argument seem so far away, my thoughts are clouded with confusion. Are Fred and I a thing now? "She's like a sister." Fred's voice ringed in my head. Why does relationships have to be so damn complexed sometimes? I guess single pringle is always better than taken bagel.

My hate towards Reeta Skeeter grew even more after her ridiculous article about Hagrid. "This is insane!" I exclaimed, "How did she even find out Hagrid is half giant when we don't even know about this." I lowered my voice since there are people starring at Harry, Ron, Hermione and I. "Probably prying behind the bush...that sounds like the things she would do." Harry said furiously. "But Dumbledore already banned her in Hogwarts." Hermione mentioned. "Maybe she has an invisibility cloak?" Ron suggested. "That's most likely not." Hermione rolled her eyes, "Invisibility charm is more logical, Ron." She said harshly. "I'll see you guys later in potion..." I murmured, not wanting to get into any drama between Ron and Hermione. Harry gave me a "how dare you ditch me with these two" look; I shook it off and went to the dungeon. I knock on the potion classroom door and inhaled the scent of a mixed of potion ingredients. Severus opened the door, "You're early." He said flatly when he saw me. I shrugged, "I don't know where else to go." He nodded and let me in. I took a random seat and start reading books Hermione got me; I can feel Severus watching me intently. "Boyfriend problem?" he broke the silence. "Fred is not my boyfriend." Though I wish he is. "Fred Weasley? What about Diggory?" he asked. I looked up and meet his gaze, "We're um...I don't know...over...I guess." I mumbled. "Did you have fun last night?" Severus asked as he poured two glasses of Fire Whiskey for us. "Yea...the dress was lovely by the way." He smirked, "What about the heels?" I rolled my eyes, "Oh just great! I had absolutely no problem walking in that!" I said sarcastically. He chuckled lightly, "The teacher weren't betting you with Diggory anyway..." "What?" I squinted my eyes, not sure if I heard him right. "Students aren't the only ones who gossip at school." He replied, a smirk spread across his face. "Who did you guys bet me with then?" I asked in curiosity. Severus took a sip of his Fire Whiskey, "The Weasley twin, Potter, Longbottom, and Malfoy." I gulped down the Fire Whiskey, "Malfoy? Is this a joke? Whoever bets on it must be quite thick." "Hey, you never know." Severus said with a smile. I sighed, knowing this conversation is over when I heard footsteps approaching the room. "Five points off from Gryffindor for bring drinks inside classroom, Miss. Castillo." And then Severus put on his old act again.

"You told us you've already worked out the egg clue!" Hermione said indignantly. "Keep it down, Hermione." Said Harry nervously, "I'm half way there." "Tell me what you found out." I said quickly before Hermione can continue scolding Harry. "They're taking something away from me, and I'm supposed to learn how to breathe in water for an hour in order to find the thing." Ron suggested the idea of using Summoning Charm again, after Harry explained a muggle invention called Aqua Lungs. "You can summon one of the aqua lungs from the nearest muggle town!" Ron said excitingly. Hermione squashed this plan by giving numerous reasons why this plan wouldn't work. "...and don't forget this act would certainly break the Code of Wizarding Secrecy." She finished. "Ok, we get it." I said, "How about transfiguring yourself into a submarine?" Hermione replied, "Of course, it is an ideal solution. However, we haven't learn that yet, and it could go badly wrong if you don't know what you're doing." "What do you think I should do?" Harry asked tensely. We all fell into deep thoughts, "I think your best chance would be some sort of charm" Hermione finally came to conclusion. I thought I had enough library last time, but I was wrong. We searched through our lunchtimes, evenings and weekends; we still aren't able to find a way for Harry to breathe for an hour in the water. The familiar fluttering of panic came back again, my eyelids became heavier as hours pass; still, nothing useful came up. "I don't think it can be done." Said Ron, with a huge dark circle around his eyes, "There's nothing! Nothing. Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, stick your head in and yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they took from you." "There must be something!" Hermione said, frustration clearly written across her face, "There's must be a way..." The last thing I on my mind was the Drought Charm...it's not strong enough to drain the whole lake though...and then I fell into a deep sleep.

"Wake up, Castillo!" I felt someone shaking me violently. I opened my eyes, I can somehow make out the figure is Professor McGonagall in my dizzy vision. "Castillo, you need to get up now and follow me." She said quietly. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, Hermione and Ron are nowhere to be seen and Harry is still fast asleep in a pile of books. "Just follow me." McGonagall said before I can ask any question. I followed her to Professor Dumbledore's office, oh no...what did I do this time? I can't recall anything...ah ha! He probably found my attempt of trying to poison Peeves, crap. I walked in and unexpectedly saw Hermione, Ron and a little girl sitting in front of Dumbledore. "Miss. Castillo! Come take a seat." I nodded and sat next to Hermione and gave her a questioning look. "You all must be wondering why you're here." Dumbledore began, "You guys are what the champions will sorely miss if you got taken away. In a few minutes, I will put you guys into sleep and take you to the merpeople." Dumbledore quickly added when he saw the terrified look on the little girl, "Don't worry, you will be completely safe underwater and will immediately wake up when the champion successfully rescue you." "What if they don't?" Ron asked. Good point, Ronald. "Then the merpeople will safetly bring you up." Answered Professor McGonagall, "Weasley, you are Harry's treasure. Hermione is Krum's, Delacour you are your sisters-" That leaves me with... "Castillo, you are Cedric's treasure." I stiffened, "Professor, I don't think I'm the right person for this." I protested. "The decision has been made. Now, follow me please." McGonagall said sternly. We went to the shore of the black lake as I watched Dumbledore worked his spell, made my friends fell asleep and got taken away from the merpeople. I stepped up, I'm the last one in line. "Relax, Ms. Castillo..." I take a deep breath; who knows when will be the next time I do so.