Chapter 16

I danced my way back to the common room- or if you even called skipping and attempted twirling dancing. "Hermione!" I called and my best friend turned her back. "Someone's in a good mood." She pointed out. "Yea, you won't believe it, I'm-" I stopped and saw Ginny and Harry surrounding a pale looking Ron. Hermione and I ran over, "What happened?" I asked agitatedly. Ron looked up at us in dismay, "Why did I do it?" he said wildly," I don't know what made me do it!" "What?" Harry, Hermione and I said at the same time. "He - er - just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball with him," said Ginny. She looked as though she was fighting back a smile, but she kept patting Ron's arm sympathetically. "You're kidding?!" I shrieked. "What did she say?" Harry asked. Ron opened his mouth and closed it immediately. "She said yes?!" Hermione said in disbelief. "I don't know what made me do it!" Ron gasped again. "What was I playing at? There were people - all around - I've gone mad - everyone watching! I was just walking past her in the entrance hall - she was standing there talking to McLaggen - and it sort of came over me - and I asked her!" Ron moaned and put his face in his hands. He kept talking, though the words were barely distinguishable. "She looked at me like I was a sea slug or something. Didn't even answer. And then - I dunno - I just sort of came to my senses and ran for it." "She's part veela," said Harry. "You were right - her grandmother was one. It wasn't your fault, I bet you just walked past when she was turning on the old charm for McLaggen and got a blast of it..." "This is mad," said Ron. "We're the only ones left who haven't got anyone - well, except Neville. Hey - guess who he asked? Hermione!" Hermione blushed, "Don't even start, Ronald." "What?" said Harry, completely distracted by this startling news. "Yeah, I know!" said Ron, some of the color coming back into his face as he started to laugh. "But you rejected him because you don't want to go with him, right?" he laughed harder. Hermione rolled her eyes but stayed quiet. "Don't laugh" said Ginny, annoyed. "you guys aren't any better, you guys both been turned down by girls." I smirked. Ron suddenly stared at us, "Hermione...Alvina...you're girls!" he exclaimed. "Well spotted, dim wit." I said coldly. "No, you don't understand. You two can go with me and Harry." "No, I can't," snapped Hermione. "Oh come on," he said impatiently, "we need partners, we're going to look really stupid if we haven't got any, everyone else has..." "I can't come with you," said Hermione, now blushing, "because I'm already going with someone." I smiled, happy to hear the new; I have to ask her later. "No, you're not!" said Ron. "You just said that to get rid of Neville!" "Oh did I?" said Hermione, and her eyes flashed dangerously. "Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!" Ron stared at her. Then he grinned again. "Okay, okay, we know you're a girl," he said. "That do? Will you come now?" "I've already told you!" Hermione said very angrily. "I'm going with someone else!" And she stormed off toward the girls' dormitories again. Ron turned to me, "I have date, too." I said before he even started. "Who?" Harry asked. "Someone who actually acknowledged that I'm a girl." I said bitterly to Ron and stalked off.

I shut the door quietly and isn't surprised to find Hermione reading on her bed. I jumped on it for a solid minute; making her bouncing up and down uncomfortably. "Okay! Okay! I know what you're going to ask. I'm going with Victor Krum." She said joyfully. I stopped what I was doing; aka. Trying to do a back flip but failed miserably. "Victor Krum?! As in THE Victor Krum?" I said in shock. She flushed, "I know...I can't believe it myself either. He has been wandering around the library a lot ever since he got here. Then one day he started talking to me...and yea." Her face reddened. "I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU! Remember the day he put his name in the goblet? I should've bet money with you." I stated. She laughed, "Who are you going with? Cedric?" I nodded excitingly. Hermione hugged me, "I'm so happy for you. He makes you so happy; way happier than Fred." I snuggled into her arms, she's right...partially.