The phone call

Who remembers that phone call at the end of the chapter, "Hello Layla"

Here it is

Good luck

Percy POV

That day, was still in my head. That phone call

The day after the phone call.

I answered the phone. "Hello" I said. "Um, hi, my name is Cassie, and, uh, is this Percy Jackson". Huh. "Uh yeah, it is". " Uh, I'm your mom's assistant. When she writes. I was hoping, can I come over next week, to show you something". My mom. I felt like sobbing, but managed to say. " Of course, anytime".

So here I am, it's Monday. And whoever that girl was, Carrie, no Cassie, was going to show me something about my mom. I honestly felt like shit, but hailed myself up, and got dressed. "I look like the world's palest prune" I grumbled to myself. It was true, my life would be the perfect sob story. I can see it now, "Savior Needs Saving".

A knock at the door shook me out of my thoughts. "Who is it". " Cassie" A voice called. I took a deep breath. "Come in". A girl about 19 with dark brown hair, and forest green eyes walked in. She put a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hi, I'm Cassie, duh you know that, dammit why am I so nervous". I chuckled, "It's fine, I'm Percy, wow, me too duh". She shook my hand. " Well I wanted to show you something from your mom's upcoming book".

Was going to be, I thought bitterly. Out of her book bag, she brought out a sheet of paper, and handed it to me. It read:

Natalia sobbed as her mother's eyes closed. Death had taken her.

Wow mom

"It's Ok Talia" Her brothers voice cracked, but that made her cry harder. " We lost her, we lost her" Natalia told Greg. But being the older brother, he put the cover over their mothers face. "Cancer may have taken her, but it's not taking anybody else" She said angrily.

But underneath the paragraph, it said.

Percy, my baby, if you ever read this, believe it :).

My vision went blurry, and I realized they were tears. "I'm sorry Percy" Cassie said. I sighed shakily, and tried to crack a smile, "I guess that's all I ever hear". She held out her arms, and I obliged.

Right now, I needed a hug, though I would've preferred Annabeth. Hey, I didn't say I'm not grateful for Cassie. She pulled away, " Percy Jackson, you are a hero". No kidding, I saved you mortals sorry asses TWICE. " Thanks Cassie". She smiled, " You are very welcome".

Ok, I'm sorry it's so small, but it's 3 AM
Me tired

But remember this chapter

It'll be important at the end