Mindless Worm

I hope you enjoyed my little cliffhanger back there
May or May not be a sequel

Annabeth POV

    If only he'd told me his feelings. How he felt. That stupid, loyal, adorable seaweed brain. I rubbed Percy's back as he threw up anything left in his pale frame. Along with the throw up, there were also tears in that bucket.

    My poor seaweed brain was sobbing his eyes out. It was a horrific scene. It was like something inside him cracked. His last string broke. (A/N Paper Towns is life)

"Percy" I said softly by his ear. He cried a little louder, and threw up even more. Nice to see that my voice makes him feel so delighted. Note my sarcasm.

Eventually, the feeling of nausea, I suspected Percy was feeling faded away, and the tears subsided into small whimpers. Percy could barely move, and just sat there, staring at a blank wall.

My own heart ached as I thought of the pain he must be feeling. Mentally and physically. It was enough to make me wince aloud. I'm going to be honest, if our story ends up like some Fault in Our Stars cliché shit, I'm having a talk with those fates.

   "Knock Knock" someone shouted from the other side of the door (A/N Hello from the other side). I glanced at Percy, who looked as mindless as worm. I hesitated for a moment, before saying "You guys can come in".

   The other demigods walked in silently, all looking at Percy. As for Percy, he was still staring at a wall, wincing every once in a while clutching his head. My poor Percy. I've known him since we were 12, and let me just say, he's never looked so vulnerable. 

  "Hey Percy" everyone said together. He turned his head, eyes boring into them. I put an arm around Percy, and he looked at me. Percy. Oh Percy.

     "Hello" he whispered, almost inaudible. Piper shot me a look, as if saying What the even? I shook my head, mouthing "I don't know either". Percy once again, put his hands to his head and groaned in pain. 

   "Percy" I asked cautiously. He looked back up at me. "I-its nothing" he stuttered. "Cancer problems". I heard shuffling outside, before a note was slid under the door. Leo picked up the note. "Can I read it" he asked Percy. He just nodded, and began to stare at the wall again.

   Leo read each word carefully, his face becoming red with anger. Red, red, red, tears. Leo was crying. What was on that goddamn note. Leo threw the note on the ground and stormed out the door. Not before a heartbreaking sob escaped his lips.

    Piper picked up the note, and handed it to me. "Read it aloud" Percy said to me, his voice croaky. I began to read.

  "Hello Percy, its Sarah. I couldn't tell you this face to face. It would hurt to much. That wonderful little girl, Layla, died last night. She was already on stage 3 when she got here. It was expected. You know Percy, she really loved you. She was dying, and asked about you. I love you Percy. Sarah".

 I couldn't even look at Percy's face, but I heard sniffling. More tears. More sobs. More sadness.

And when the dreadful day came, I wasn't even prepared

Cliffhanger XD