Questions Asked

So this might be a last chapter. I don't really know, but I'm just going to thank all the readers and let you know that I'll be editing this story and my other one because I feel my writing has improved. And don't worry- I'll have my sister help me due to me being an adept at the art of procrastination. And terrible grammar :)

Percy 

I was dying. You didn't have to be Nico di Angelo to know that I was succumbing to the disease. I lived a short 17 years, fighting for my life already. 

Now here I was vulnerable as hell just wishing Apollo or whoever would get it over with. 

My only wish was to live till my 18th birthday. Three days. Then Apollo could shoot his new and improved plague arrow nicknamed cancer and kill  me. 

I'd heartlessly murdered so many monsters, I was sure they were throwing a party. 

Ha bitch, feel the pain, the Minotaur would say. 

I almost laughed at the thought.

"Oh great, it spread to my brain" I muttered to myself. Luckily, the room was empty. Though I was to be supervised 24/7 like an inmate, my friends knew what I was capable of. They let me be alone. 

Sun poured in through the small window, nearly blinding me. But it felt different, unlike any other mornings. I felt as though that morning would be one I would remember, because suddenly I realized the changes. 

Not only physical but mental. Sure I was stringy, weak, and could barely lift a cup, but there was something different on the inside. I was never known for being deep or philisophical or use big words like philisophical, and here I was using then! But that wasn't the change. 

I wanted to die. 

Oops, I was depressed. The truth comes out. I had been for a while, and surprisingly, only Annabeth could tell. I'm not that great of an actor, and didn't know how well I could mask my feelings. Apparently, really well. 

"Knock knock," someone outside said, jolting me out of my thoughts. 

I hoped it was Annabeth, and it was so ha. 

I didn't need to answer. She would open the door anyway and that's exactly what she did. 

"How you holding up Seaweed Brain?" she asked, sitting beside me.

I collapsed back and stared up at the ceiling,

"I feel crappy."

"Optomistic," she planted a kiss on my forehead.

I was about to run my hand through my hair, then realized I didn't have any hair to run my hand through. Such a genius. Though it wasn't the biggest problem in my life at that moment, it still felt weird and made me feel self concious and all that shit. 

"I want to just die listening to Panic! At The Disco all while eating blue cookies made by my lucky, I mean dead, mother."

Annabeth pursed her lips, "Percy please don't talk like that."

I sighed and grabbed her hand. I needed to stop being so sefish. All I did was whine about my life problems, never asking her how her life back at camp was like. And if I did die, I'd be leaving her behind, and how could I do that to my Wise Girl?

"I'm sorry Annabeth, I just.." I didn't really know what to say. 

I wasnt gonna cry and get all emotional because I was out of emotion. I no longer accepted the concept of having feelings because I was going to leave the world sooner or later. 

Instead of forcing the words out of me, Annabeth just laid right beside me. She knew what was happening.

"Do you want me to get anyone?"

"No," I smiled weakly and kissed her.

It was a long kiss, because it was also gonna be the last kiss. Her hands never let go of my own and as soon as we pulled away I whispered, 

"I love you Wise Girl. I always will. I'll see you seen."

I could feel my heart coming to a stop. Slowly, my brain began to shut down. I didn't remember simple things, who I was, who all my friends were. First my legs went numb, then my whole torso felt as though it weighed a ton. And with my last bit of strenth, I lifted my arm and wiped a tear from Annabeth's cheek with my thumb.

She opened her mouth to say something, but I never got the chance to hear. Everything went white, and suddenly I was somewhere else.

"Hello Perseus Jackson."

And thats the end folks. I'm so happy I can end this book with over 20K reads. I remember reaching 1K and thinking; will this become something? It may not be at Wattys worthy story with millions, but those authors don't have the same lovely readers I do. Thanks guys <3