Chapter 10.

They say after your mate rejects you, it's easy to move on with your life. Then why is that so different for me? Why is Xavier on my mind all the time? Is it the hormones? Why do I feel like I am betraying him? I have so many questions I want answered but no one to answer them for me.

"Felicity are you packed yet?!" Our ride is gonna be here soon!" I heard Raven yell from outside.

"Almost done!" I shouted out the window.

We were going to be away at the conference meeting for three days so Raven left Jason in charge of the pack. He was to report everything at the end of the night.

I finished packing my suitcase and carefully wobbled down the stairs.

"Well it took you long enough." Raven rolled her eyes as she leaned against the black car.

"I had to pack all my pills and clothes and stuff shut up." I said as I handed my suitcase to the driver so he could put it in the trunk.

I walked up to Jason and Sharon who were in front of the pack house and hugged them both.

"Make sure you inform Raven about everything or she will be mad." I informed Jason.

He nodded his head as I got into the back seat with Raven.

"So just you and me huh?" She grinned as we pulled off.

"Yeah I guess so." I shrugged.

"So what have you decided to name my niece?" She asked excitedly.

"I dunno I guess I'll decide when I get to that point."

"How did Gabriel react yesterday?" She asked.

"It seemed as though he actually cared." I shrugged.

"Well he has always wanted a daughter before he turned into a dick, and killed his mate." She said.

"Well he still doesn't have a daughter so it doesn't matter." I snapped.

Raven fell silent as she turned her head towards the window.

I leaned my head back and felt sleep overtaking my body. I closed my eyes and felt myself drifting away.

I stood in the middle of a wild flower field. My feet digging into the wet soil. The overwhelming smell of the fresh flowers filling the air. I looked ahead to see a tall figure with their back facing me.

I walked toward the person and recognized the persons smell before I seen them.

"Why did you reject me?" I asked calmly as I approached him.

He said nothing and just stared out at the open field.

"You believe that I killed Daniel?" I asked as I looked up at him.

His face was flawless but his eyes looked distant. He looked down at me with a frown.

"I don't believe you killed him." Was the last thing I heard before I felt someone roughly shaking me.

"Felicity you gotta get up, we're at the hotel." I opened my eyes to see Raven staring at me.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and slid out the car with help from the driver.

"Let me get that for you madam." He said as he took my suitcase from me.

"Thank you." I smiled shyly.

Raven pushed along to the front desk of the hotel and grabbed our room key. We carried out stuff up to the 3rd floor and opened room 317 and were welcomed by two queen sized beds, flat screen tv and mini stocked fridge.