Chapter 24.

"Ciao you must be Anaïs, I have heard so much about you for quite a few years now." His grandmother smiled as she walked over to hug Rosalina and I.

I politely hugged her back and took my seat next to Xavier. I felt his body stiffen when I sat next to him so I knew he was still upset with me.

"I need to go talk to the chef, Alonzo why don't you come with me per favore." She sat as she got up.

Xavier's grandfather groaned as he slid out of the seat and followed Rosy.

"I thought your grandfathers name was Ryder?" I asked Xavier.

"Alonzo Ryder Astor." He grunted while staring at the window.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked quietly.

He continued staring out the window and shook his head without looking at me.

"I'm not angry I'm just...disappointed I guess. I thought we were getting better, I thought we were moving forward but we've been stuck at the beginning this entire time. No matter what I do, no matter where I go I will always come second to Daniel and it frustrates me that he was able to have a tight lock on your heart before your own mate."

I looked down at Rosalina and frowned.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was hurting you."

He snorted. " I guess I can't blame you, I can't blame the dead either, it's my fault I didn't pursue you first, it's my fault I didn't have the courage to come talk to you about the mate pull...it's my fault that I have never been the good enough twin,"

I noticed he whispered the very last part, hoping I wouldn't hear but I nodded my head and didn't say anymore.

"When did you find out?" He asked.

"About what?"

"When did you find out that Daniel cheated on you?" He asked.

"A month before he died why?" I asked.

He shrugged and ran his fingers through his hair.

"My brother may have been conceited, annoying and stubborn but it isn't like him to cheat," He said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Something isn't right." He muttered to himself.

Rosy and Ryder returned at sat down at the table. Rosy looked in between us and noticed Xavier and I far away from each other.

"So my dear has Xavier been treating you well?" She asked, ignoring what she saw.

"He's been treating me well." I smiled shyly.

"I remember when Daniel and Xavier used to visit us in Italy, you were all they would talk about." She chuckled.

I heard Xavier groan in annoyance as I blushed and looked down.

"Good evening, I am Richard and I will your waiter today, may I start you off with drinks?"

"Alonzo and I will have pink lemonade." Rosy smiled. He went to go say something but Rosy glared at Alonzo.

"And what can I get for you beautiful?" He asked smiling down at me.

I blushed and looked away as I frowned.

"Cherry cola."

"I think you look way more beautiful when you smile." The waiter said.

I was going to say something but I felt a strong grip on my waist as Rosalina and I were pulled closer to Xavier.

He growled and glared at the waiter.

"I'll have a water, now why don't you go in the back and get them instead of failing at trying to flirt with my mate." He snapped.

Richard quickly nodded and scurried away. Xavier stuck his face into the crook of my neck and inhaled as I felt his muscles relaxing.

"My Xavier I never took you as the jealous type." Rosy shook her head.

"I'm not jealous, I like to call myself territorial." He shrugged.

"Aren't all you men?" Rosy muttered under her breath.

I giggled at her as she smiled up at me.

"So what is this bundle of joys name?" Rosy asked as she smiled down at Rosalina who was sleeping.

"Rosalina."

Rosy smiled as she clapped her hands. "Another Rosy in the family. My name is Rose Marie but everyone called me Rosy and then Nonna Rosy."

"Here are your drinks." The waiter came back and handed us each our drinks.

"Are you all ready to order?" He asked specifically looking at me.

I looked over at Xavier who wasn't paying attention and staring down at the menu. I didn't understand why this guy was still trying to talk to me, was he human or wolf?

Xavier looked up and frowned. He sniffed the air and then growled at Richard the waiter.

"We aren't ready yet, why don't you go in the back and wait you filthy sh-"

"Xavier!" Ryder shouted in his thick Italian accent. I looked around confused, why was Xavier so bothered by this man? The waiter quickly shuffled into the back of the restaurant.

"Xavier we have come to peace with the vampires, that doesn't mean walk around and call them those offensive names." Rosy rolled her eyes.

Xavier rolled his eyes but then instantly stiffened up. His face morphed into an angry and terrified expression. I looked over at Rosy who was looking at Xavier with a scared expression.

Xavier quickly stood up causing the table to nearly fall over.

"Xavier what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

He looked down at me with fear and concern. He reached down he placed a kiss upon my forehead.

"No one will ever take you away from me." He growled angrily.

I scooted out of the booth so Xavier could get out. At first I didn't understand what he meant by that but then it hit me.

Gabriel.

"Xavier what's going on?" Ryder asked as him and Rosy stood up.

"The pack is under attack, I need to go and help them, Nonna Rosy could you take Felicity and Rosalina somewhere safe? They are what he is after." He growled.

"Xavier I'm coming with you." Ryder said as he patted his shoulder. Xavier flinched a little but then nodded his head. He looked back at me and mouthed I love you before taking off out of the restaurant.

"Come on, I know a place where we can go." Rosy ushered me out of the door. We rushed toward Xavier's car and I placed Rosalina into the car seat. I sat in the back with her as Rosy started the car. I looked out of the window with a million things running through my head.

Will Xavier be safe? He can't shift yet because of his scars, why won't Gabriel just leave me alone. But something bothered me most of all.

Xavier never calls me Felicity unless he is mad.